Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

I don't really think you can compare both bands. Even thought they are both part of the wave or whatever, they sound nothing alike.

Took me awhile to get into La Dispute because of the vocals. Hated them for awhile in fact. But now Jordan is one of my favorite lyricists and vocalists. Pure raw emotion.

I was the opposite. When I first heard Touché Amoré I never really sat down and gave them a solid listen. I just passed them off as a worse version of La Dispute. Then Parting The Sea came out and I was hooked. If I had to pick between the two though I would pick La Dispute every time. 

La Dispute appeals to me in their lyrical & instrumental complexity.

Touché appeals to me in a more punk / heartfelt way. Both in music and lyrics.

In other words, La Dispute is more of a "storytelling" band where as Touché is more of a band you can relate to. If that makes sense.

I love both. But if I had a gun pointed to my head, I'd probably go Touché. But La Dispute is so damn good too!

I guess the concept is just lost on me. Obviously negativity is appropriate and expected with discussion: TA fans voicing distaste for the new single, and so on. Completely understandable. But if you know that you fully dislike a band, why bother stirring the pot with blatant negativity? To me it's less a matter of "open discussion", and more like prodding at a wasp's nest. There's a time and a place to bash on TA. The massive TA new-album hype thread is not one of them.

Just my 2¢.

I guess the concept is just lost on me. Obviously negativity is appropriate and expected with discussion: TA fans voicing distaste for the new single, and so on. Completely understandable. But if you know that you fully dislike a band, why bother stirring the pot with blatant negativity? To me it's less a matter of "open discussion", and more like prodding at a wasp's nest. There's a time and a place to bash on TA. The massive TA new-album hype thread is not one of them.

Just my 2¢.

I can dig it. I guess I'm just not easily offended. If somebody wanted to actually discuss why they didn't like the band, instead of only saying "They suck" I can understand that. Basically somebody actually looking for a decent discussion rather than to stir the hornets nest as you put it. But it is a message board, and a great place to troll like a SOB.