PO: KoЯn: The Paradigm Shift

those bands are relatively well-regarded because they didnt release 11 albums (though i personally dont think anything SOAD did after toxicity was any good at all). if korn had called it a day after issues or untouchables i dont think as many people would be so quick to go "LOL" at the idea of a new album. thing is, korn has overstayed their welcome by at least a decade and this is coming from someone who was, in part, introduced to "heavy music" by their first album. they haven't done anything new or interesting in years and most people see it. musically, to me, the only band that truly escaped the nu-metal tag that has continued to do anything worth at all is deftones - and thats it.

Chevelle is awesome! Are they Nu Metal?

Follow The Leader was the first "rock" album I owned. I was 10. These guys steered me in the right direction with music. I know it won't be my album of the year but I'm mildly excited to see what they can do with Head back at this point in their career. Hate away.

I guess it was just timing.  I was 11 when Korn's self-titled album dropped.  I'm pretty sure that was the first parental advisory album I ever got.  I thought it was the shit.  As I've gotten older though, they have lost the appeal to me that I once had.  Follow the Leader wasn't TOO bad, there's are a couple of good songs on there but there's also the songs that just seem corny now.  Like that song where Fred Durst and Jonathon Davis battle rap.  While this is not as bad as ICP, I still can't listen to it with a straight face.

im seriously interested to see how many people will openly say that they can "sing" twist...and has the balls to post a video of  them doing it!

I'll vouch for this.  They did a show with The Offspring in the middle of Wisconsin a month & a half ago I drove to from the Twin Cities, and they played probably my favorite set list I've ever heard live, and I've seen them probably between 20 & 30 times. 

I think the second song of the set was Twist, and straight into Chi after that.  So fun.  Sounded awesome, though I'm not one of those video taping queers at live shows so I don't have requested video.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/korn/2013/festival-grounds-cadott-wi-5bc6abec.html

Follow The Leader was the first "rock" album I owned. I was 10. These guys steered me in the right direction with music. I know it won't be my album of the year but I'm mildly excited to see what they can do with Head back at this point in their career. Hate away.

I'm with you 1000%

ericbrakim-followtheleader.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard the new album yet, but I heard 2-3 new songs live a few nights ago at The Myth in Maplewood, MN.  One track really caught my attention, though I don't recall the name of it.  I'll find it when I get the album.  They freaking killed it that night, though.  Venue was packed wall to wall with people going nuts the entire set, felt like it was 1998 again.  So much fun.  I hope they can keep this momentum going!

Also, I'll be investing in the Japanese version of Paradigm Shift which has a 3rd bonus track Die Another Day (the deluxe edition has 2 extra songs), if anyone is interested in an MP3 of the song send me a PM.  No use having everyone spend $32 for 1 extra song.

Not gonna lie, I was into these guys as a teenager. Those first two albums had the angst I needed as a teen that moved from a place I loved to a rust belt town full of pale white religious hypocrites.

Just recently I heard one of the songs from that first album on Sirius XM's channel Liquid Metal. ...what the hell was I listening to back then. Hahaha