PO: KoЯn: The Paradigm Shift

Any KoRn kids in here? Doesn't seem to be a popular genre on the board, but I figure it's worth posting.

Looks like the only pre-orders are available through Amazon & iTunes. No fancy 25 bundle packages to choose from, just the album straight up. The CD has a deluxe version that includes a DVD and a couple bonus tracks.

This band seems to take a lot of heat because they've been around 20 years now, and have never gone away, ever. I know it's a popular thing to say "Well I like old KoRn..." bla bla bla, and original supporters are off the bandwagon. These guys have taken no breaks, no hiatus, small line up changes here & there, but they've been releasing music consistently for 2 decades. Yet you take other popular bands from their era, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Slipknot, etc., and people still go nuts for them. I think it's the simplicity of human brain, people want what they can't have, and when they've been spoiled for so long, they don't have that hunger that people get when they anticipate a big reunion.

I use that same logic & idea for why I love KoRn so much. They're as true of rock stars as you'll ever find. No pussy break ups to make ups that put the band out of commission for periods of time, leaving their fans behind. They're out here putting it down 11 albums in 20 years later, and I couldn't be more excited about Paradigm Shift & the tour they're about to embark on. And if you've never seen KoRn live-you need to.

From Amazon: "On 'Paradigm Shift', Korn chose not to repeat the dub step/rock fusion of their previous album The Path of Totality, but remained intent on keeping the sounds fresh and new. On the new album, they promise to mesh the classic dual guitar attack of James 'Munky' Shaffer and Brian 'Head' Welch (returning for the first time since the band's 2003 album Take A Look In The Mirror), with an all new approach to the integration of electronics."

Yet you take other popular bands from their era, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Slipknot, etc., and people still go nuts for them. I think it's the simplicity of human brain, people want what they can't have, and when they've been spoiled for so long, they don't have that hunger that people get when they anticipate a big reunion.

...or maybe it's because RATM and SOAD were much better bands...

Guest Secular Haze

I am still a fan and have been since 1996.  I saw them about 6 months ago (with Head) and they were awesome.  The last album was a step in the right direction for them.  I can't say that about the album before however.  I won't be buying this on vinyl but I still support the band in other ways.

Any KoRn kids in here?  Doesn't seem to be a popular genre on the board, but I figure it's worth posting. 

Looks like the only pre-orders are available through Amazon & iTunes.  No fancy 25 bundle packages to choose from, just the album straight up.  The CD has a deluxe version that includes a DVD and a couple bonus tracks.

This band seems to take a lot of heat because they've been around 20 years now, and have never gone away, ever.  I know it's a popular thing to say "Well I like old KoRn..." bla bla bla, and original supporters are off the bandwagon.  These guys have taken no breaks, no hiatus, small line up changes here & there, but they've been releasing music consistently for 2 decades.  Yet you take other popular bands from their era, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Slipknot, etc., and people still go nuts for them.  I think it's the simplicity of human brain, people want what they can't have, and when they've been spoiled for so long, they don't have that hunger that people get when they anticipate a big reunion.

I use that same logic & idea for why I love KoRn so much.  They're as true of rock stars as you'll ever find.  No pussy break ups to make ups that put the band out of commission for periods of time, leaving their fans behind.  They're out here putting it down 11 albums in 20 years later, and I couldn't be more excited about Paradigm Shift & the tour they're about to embark on.  And if you've never seen KoRn live-you need to.

From Amazon: "On 'Paradigm Shift', Korn chose not to repeat the dub step/rock fusion of their previous album The Path of Totality, but remained intent on keeping the sounds fresh and new. On the new album, they promise to mesh the classic dual guitar attack of James 'Munky' Shaffer and Brian 'Head' Welch (returning for the first time since the band's 2003 album Take A Look In The Mirror), with an all new approach to the integration of electronics."

I'm one of those guys who likes "old korn," and can't get into any of the new material no matter how hard I try. The self-titled album was raw and heavy. Even Life Is Peachy had balls. Once they started battling for air time on MTV with their third album, they went south from there. Jmo though.