Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Ordered this on SRC, seems to be the least expensive place (and maybe the most dependable place) to buy/pre-order this. $4 shipping, too.

Hoping to get one red and one black.

amazon.de and that musicrecordshop site were $30 and $35 with shipping. You might be right on the dependability part however. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

For those who dont know, in my exp, MOV almost always works the same way. They say the first X number pressed are a specific variant. But they don't sell direct, not do they say how the distribute the limited versions. .

In most cases (all cases in my experience) the limited versions are clearly marked with gold stickers instead of black stickers. So unless you've a way to figure out how MOV is distributing the color versions there is no actual way to know where they show up. However, any retailer who ordered them will know how many they have an might choose to do whatever with them. eBay, hold pre-orders until stock arrives, whatever. In every case it is in their best interest to not tell you, like SRC or Mondo.

I've seen them at my local store a handful of times. My guess is the distributor makes the call and that pot may get cut a few times, depending on the amount of middle men. Much like RSD product.

Hope this helps all you wide-eyes hopefuls.

I just really hope my copy that I got day one from amazon.de pulls through. I really don't feel like dishing out another $40 to secure my spot...

I don't see why it wouldn't, but don't hold your breath on it being the red. It's without a doubt going to be black.

Did MoV even say how many, total, are being pressed?

MoV usually just says how many the color pressing are and the "unlimited" black afterwards.

Ah gotcha, they probably do runs of a thousand or so at a time so they don't get stuck with leftover.

My only question is why didnt src press a ton when they had the license? Did brand new tell them how many to press or something?

I'd say that seeing how much copies of this go for on eBay combined with a ton of people pestering them for info will probably lead to them pressing a mountain of black copies.

Good. :P More of that needs to happen with crazy expensive records! I'm sure we could all name quite a few.

It's a few days after November, 4. You check the mail and TDAG has arrived! You slice through the tape on the mailer and unveil the record. You gaze longingly at it for a few seconds and then tear feverishly at the shrink to get to the records. You open the gatefold and pull out the A/B inner sleeve to reveal a red marbled copy #333/666, rejoice. You platter up the A side and touch the needle to the outside of the record. It's finally yours and you're about to listen to Sowing Season for the first time on vinyl.

The track starts and you hear "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..."

It's a few days after November, 4. You check the mail and TDAG has arrived! You slice through the tape on the mailer and unveil the record. You gaze longingly at it for a few seconds and then tear feverishly at the shrink to get to the records. You open the gatefold and pull out the A/B inner sleeve to reveal a red marbled copy #333/666, rejoice. You platter up the A side and touch the needle to the outside of the record. It's finally yours and you're about to listen to Sewing Season for the first time on vinyl.

The track starts and you hear "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..."

I would love this to happen to me. But come on man, most of these people arent going to put it under a needle because it will be on their walls.