Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

Also, when are people going to start getting called out for not sending?

its been almost a month since newbies were supposed to send, its been 2 1/2 weeks for everyone else.  im with you, if its been a month and you havent sent something out yet, you should probbaly be outted.

Why doesn't the guy who organizes this get called out? He still hasn't sent, and if memory serves, he didn't send till January last year.

You're going to "call out" the guy who annually takes this entire task of organizing a massive Secret Santa swap and who receives no discernible reward for doing so and who is one of the most trustworthy, well-liked people on this board and who has publically said his package will be a little delayed and has said whoever is his recipient is getting hooked the fuck up?

Good luck with that.

I just think everyone should abide by the same rules. If I was in it again like last year, and I said I hadn't sent it out yet I'm sure I would get chastised about it. But then again, even if the ship out date was in October, people would still ship out way late I'm sure.

kMSTpSs.jpg?1

so these shirts are awesome. i wore brand new to work on monday, and my boss noticed. completely caught me by surprise when he said "you know, that used to be like my favorite album back in college". dude is just so vanilla, i never would have expected it from him.

hWdlhse.jpg?1

interpol s/t. it's funny, i actually had this previously, and gave it to a girlfriend for her birthday. nice to have it back.

new found glory - sticks & stones, which has been a long time want of mine.. just something i never pulled the trigger on. thank you SO much for finally making this a part of my collection!

the boss! i'd never listened to this album, so i was pretty excited to broaden my bruce horizons. and i definitely enjoyed it.

2SaHKdV.jpg?1

ok, so there was another brand new shirt in this package, and it was fuckin illlllllll. unfortunately, it was also too small. i had to exchange the 3 shirts for mediums, and they didn't have that one in stock. so i opted for the next best thing available, and it was a no-brainer. fuckin' axl rose rockin a pair of USA spandex.

also included were some arrested development pins, and a couple john cena lanyards. the notes that accompanied were beyond entertaining. and from now on, i'm going to wear my rise above hate lanyards any time i log on to vc.

i hate to say it, but i still have no idea who hooked me up.

I wanted to wait until you posted pictures to out myself as your SS, but then I got super busy with Black Friday craziness and forgot. Haha. Then MikeT made me feel bad for not having done it yet.

I'm so glad you liked everything I sent you! Honestly when I mailed it out I felt like it wasn't enough, so I'm glad you didn't feel that way. Sorry about the shirt sizes, but that Axl Rose shirt is better than anything I could have picked out for you. I noticed you had my favorite Bruce album (Born to Run) but not the best Bruce album, so I picked it up for you.

Oh. And those notes were so fucking sassy. I had like an hour between jobs to pack everything up and mail it so that sassed the notes up a lot.

Anyway! I'm glad you were so stoked on everything. Rise Above Hate!

AHHHH THANK YOU!!!!!!!

believe me, it was more than enough. i felt like i just kept finding more and more and more. thanks for making me work harder for mine than i anticipated!

It's Secret Santa, not Secret Thanksgiving Present Man, sending before December is stupid and I won't do it.

i was kind of in the same boat. and then mike made me feel like an asshole.

I'm listening to Rhye right now. Never even heard the name mentioned before.

It's really awesome. Thanks again 3arl.

spoiler alert: that's a guy singing

The person who got the package I sent them 3 weeks ago never posted about it. They didn't have a trade list so I took a shot in the dark of what to send them and I'd at least like to know if they liked it!

Also, I posted what I received about 3 weeks ago as well. I really enjoyed what I got! Who had me?

I got my package a weeks ago and posted about it. My recipient got their package and posted theirs on here, although I'm not sure if he/she has figured out its me yet. Were we supposed to reveal ourselves yet? I fucked this up when I did it in 5th grade...

While the package I got was awesome, it had zero clues in it so I couldn't even guess to who got me.