HELP: Attn: computer saavy people who can trace emails

in the past week, i have received several emails (all from different strange email addresses that when i googled them, came up with nothing) of lewd photos just of some dude's dick jacking off to pictures of me. pictures that are only on my facebook, which is private. only friends can see the pictures he posted, i triple checked.  he knows my name, and that i do photography (as in i posted last night on my photography business's page that i was booking weddings for 2014, and the email i received today made mention of that fact).

not only are the photos disgusting (come on. dicks are pretty gross regardless of what gender you're in to), it's a little creepy. the creepiest part is that he has to be my facebook friend, and when i went through all my friends, i either went to school with them, or know them from here.

i would be forever grateful if someone could trace the emails for me and at least find out where the person is who's sending them so i can maybe get this to stop. i don't even know how to block the guy since he keeps using different email addresses. i don't know why someone is taking the time out of their day to harrass me with gross pictures, but it's getting old.

That is extremely creepy. You should be able to get his IP address from the emails - http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-track-the-original-location-of-an-email-via-its-ip-address/

The only downside is that IP addresses can change, but if you can get them and submit them to the police they should be able to locate him. He could always be hidden behind a proxy, but chances are he's not that bright if he's directly contacting you.

My e-mail client are you using? A lot of them have options to show "header information" or more detailed technical notes about the e-mail itself. That can get you an I.P. address, which you can probably block. You can easily find the provider and even his location once you obtain that I.P. address, and more.

That could be a dead end, it is really easy to use a VPN or proxy to mask your IP these days. 

I'd echo everyone here and check with some sort of law enforcement, even if you decide to snoop more on your own. 

the last email was from [email protected] and the one before that was something different.

i deleted the first two cuz i wasn't thinking and was just completely disgusted. i took a screenshot of the second one, though, to send to my friend because i was so appalled. she told her dad about it and he apparently said something along the lines of 'who the hell would send that to her of all people? she is definitely not the kind of girl that screans 'show me your dick!'

i'm gonna talk to my boyfriend/dad (awwwwwwwkward) tonight and see about going to the police.

uhhh... what would you do if you found out who it was? Confront him yourself? This dude is already crazy from the sounds of it... things could escalate. Let the police handle it.

save all the emails. I had to get a PPO against my ex. this was years ago now. but i saved every letter, email, voicemail, text message. Everything. Providing the police with that stuff will speed the process up.

i took a screenshot of the second one, though, to send to my friend because i was so appalled. she told her dad about it and he apparently said something along the lines of 'who the hell would send that to her of all people? she is definitely not the kind of girl that screans 'show me your dick!'

Crude comment by your friends Dad. Wow.

As for the e-mails, contact the police. Who knows if hes doing this to other women as well....

As for the deleted e-mails, does your e-mail have a bin of "deleted" e-mails where you could recover what you wanted to get rid of?

Once the dude's identity gets found, we need to form a VC Retribution Squad and roll up to the dude's home and dole out some street justice.

You don't fuck with a fellow VC nerd.

He sends one of ours dick pics, we send him to the morgue. THAT's the VC way!

;)

Once the dude's identity gets found, we need to form a VC Retribution Squad and roll up to the dude's home and dole out some street justice.

;)

HA! i like this.

;)

haha thanks, J-Dogggggggg! <3

this is all so weird for me, cuz anyone who knows me knows that i strive to be pretty low on the sex appeal meter. i am all about jeans and tshirts, goofy faces, pizza, and posting pictures of my cats. my friend thinks it's someone that knows how much this would upset me and is just trying to (no pun intended) get a rise out of me. in a horrible, creepy, not-at-all-funny sort of way.

We should probably start a betting pool to figure out which member of VC it is. I'm going with a disgraced veteran like ronniethebear or scott m. or maybe even genericxinsight (which would be one hell of a twist).

But in all seriousness, Allison, this is totally fucked up and I'm sorry you're being violated by some sick asshole. That is not cool whatsoever, and I am 100% on board with dishing out VC street justice if/when you're able to find out who this shitheel is.