HELP: Attn: computer saavy people who can trace emails

Once the dude's identity gets found, we need to form a VC Retribution Squad and roll up to the dude's home and dole out some street justice.

You don't fuck with a fellow VC nerd.

He sends one of ours dick pics, we send him to the morgue. THAT's the VC way!

;)

I tried to picture this situation but it kept turning out like this

tumblr_lawd4jDZw31qe0qyho1_500.gif

this is all so weird for me, cuz anyone who knows me knows that i strive to be pretty low on the sex appeal meter. i am all about jeans and tshirts, goofy faces, pizza, and posting pictures of my cats. my friend thinks it's someone that knows how much this would upset me and is just trying to (no pun intended) get a rise out of me. in a horrible, creepy, not-at-all-funny sort of way.

just based on your Instagram, I want my little sister to grow up to be just like you.

This is fucked up and Unfortunately I gotta agree with your friend here and might even suggest you probably know this person in real life.

We should probably start a betting pool to figure out which member of VC it is. I'm going with a disgraced veteran like ronniethebear or scott m. or maybe even genericxinsight (which would be one hell of a twist).

But in all seriousness, Allison, this is totally fucked up and I'm sorry you're being violated by some sick asshole. That is not cool whatsoever, and I am 100% on board with dishing out VC street justice if/when you're able to find out who this shitheel is.

Its probably teenageeric.

Something similar happened to a coworker of a friend of mine. He's a computer network geek and was able to track down the guy and send him an email from the perv's own work email telling him to knock it off. When my friend told her the dude's name it turned out to be her 1st cousin. ick. I can ask him if he has any suggestions. It may have been easier for him because he was a network admin on the system where she was receiving the emails.

I know it's gross, but you should be saving them as evidence. Also, see if you can notice any familiar details in the photos that you might use to suss out the culprit, i.e., wall colors, table lamps, skin color, tattoos, clothes, hair color, bed spreads, nail fungus, etc. See if you can get all Sherlock on the cock shot.

Skimmed the thread, but maybe this is the result of a computer virus.

She said the dude is taking pictures of himself rubbing one out to pictures of HER. I don't think computer viruses have become that far advanced.  :P

In all seriousness, this is super fucked up/creepy. Hope you get it sorted out soon, nobody should have to deal with this kind of harassment. 

She said the dude is taking pictures of himself rubbing one out to pictures of HER. I don't think computer viruses have become that far advanced.  :P

In all seriousness, this is super fucked up/creepy. Hope you get it sorted out soon, nobody should have to deal with this kind of harassment.

Seems to me like you need a virus that 1) steals your Facebook email 2) copies pictures you upload to Facebook and sends them somewhere in the world. Those are the building blocks of the situation. Then a new pic is made, and sent to said email. It's not CIA spy shit. It could be basic virus capability. Facebook pages get hacked sometimes, right?

In a nutshell it sounds crazy, but not really any crazier than the original story. Just a theory for consideration...

The pics metadata should also have the make of the phone/camera, which might be useful if it's not a common brand, etc. That is, maybe that creepy frind is the only one you know who still has a nokia. Once you know it you could send out a Facebook message asking if anyone has said brand because you have a question. Stupid people with arrest warrants reply to the "free TV" ploy all the time, so who knows. Or maybe they will get the hint and stop.

Its probably teenageeric.

As his attorney, he doesn't have to answer that!

You could theoretically automate the whole thing if you had canned "black box" pictures of a dude jerking off. Take any Facebook picture off someone's site, cut and paste into the appropriate place, instant creepy dick pics that you could send back to them.

That's a fuckin' process. That's even more bizarre than the original scandal.

Hold on...hold on here, you mean this isn't considered flirting.  No wonder I keep getting these restraining orders in the mail.

Seriously though  this is foolishly terrible.  I'm sorry you have to deal with this, hopefully this gets ended promptly, and you find out who is doing it. 

thank all of you guys for your concern; i feel like i have a bunch of big brothers here looking out for me <3

so far no more weird emails.  i stopped using foursquare, and changed my email passwords just in case. i was super busy this weekend with a wedding, but today i plan on speaking to the police just to gauge how serious they think it is and what i should do next. 

fingers crossed that it ends with those three emails and doesn't go any further than that. every time i get an email notification on my phone now i cringe.

We should probably start a betting pool to figure out which member of VC it is. I'm going with a disgraced veteran like ronniethebear or scott m. or maybe even genericxinsight (which would be one hell of a twist).

But in all seriousness, Allison, this is totally fucked up and I'm sorry you're being violated by some sick asshole. That is not cool whatsoever, and I am 100% on board with dishing out VC street justice if/when you're able to find out who this shitheel is.

it is TOTALLY a VC'r at this point.  Stops once this thread is made?  SOMEONE IS GUNNA GET BUUUUUSSSSSTEEEEDDDDDDDDDD.  its totally ronnie.  or jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

called the cops and filed a report, so that's on record in case it escalates.

i've gotten one more weird email (this time in gif form! however, i didn't watch said gif), and this person tried to snapchat me the other day (i'm assuming it was the same person, unless there's more than one person i don't know out there trying to send me dick pics).  I got one blank one that just said 'hey Allison!' followed by one of a random dick. I solved that problem by changing my settings to only being able to receive snaps from friends.

hopefully dude gets tired of this game soon since i refuse to respond.