PO: RIVAL SCHOOLS - UNITED BY FATE 2xLP

ubf-cover-web__55297_zoom.jpg

Formed in 1999 by legendary frontman Walter Schreifels, New York City's Rival Schools brought together members of iconic 80's & 90's bands Gorilla Biscuits, Youth of Today and CIV into a supergroup with a die-hard following that grows with every passing year, inspiring countless imitators and followers with their sole major label release United By Fate.

Released in 2001 by Island Music/Universal, Rival Schools' debut album United By Fate was met with critical and commercial acclaim charting nationally and abroad, enjoying heavy spins on radio and on MTV with lead single "Used for Glue" and it's follow up "Good Things". An aggressive touring schedule followed laying the foundation for a worldwide following that band enjoys to this date and them perform at the prestigious Rock am Ring & Rock in Park festivals in Germany and Download Festival in the UK, as well as a now legendary set at tastemaker showcase Fun Fun Fun Festival in Austin, Texas.

Now available on vinyl for the first time since 2001 through srcvinyl, Rival Schools United By Fate has been lovingly restored to a high fidelity 24bit / 44.1 hertz from the original analog source and pressed on 180 Gram Audiophile vinyl using lacquers cut by the legendary Stan Ricker (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Moscow Symphony Orchestra), making full use of the dynamic range that only high quality vinyl can provide on this limited edition special deluxe reissue features 4 tracks previously unreleased in North America and is sure to be a hit with fans and collectors alike. 

Vinyl Details:
- Mastered for vinyl and lacquers made by the famous Stan Ricker, an audio engineer responsible for many of Mobile Fidelity's most heralded past releases
- Audio master sources are 44.1kHz/24bit
- Limited Edition 180 Gram Audiophile vinyl
- High quality matte Gatefold jacket
- Full Color 11 x 11 Insert

Vinyl Color: 180 Gram Blue (LTD 500) 180 Gram White/Blue Swirl (LTD 500), 180 Gram Black

Track Listing

Travel By Telephone
Everything Has Its Point
High Acetate
Undercovers On
Good Things
Used For Glue
World Invitational
The Switch
Holding Sand
My Echo
Favorite Star
So Down On
Hooligans For Life
Sweet
Get Centered
Grunge Model
Accept A Compliment
On Vacations

Rival Schools' UK Store: http://rival-schools.mamstore.co.uk/

It seems they may have already changed it, but Rival Schools Merch Direct store had the Blue/White Swirl for $20 a few minutes ago. It's now up to 29.99 when you try to add it to the cart.

lol

I couldn't reply in the other thread. I guess it's cool for some people. I never listened to this band. I just think it might have been overhyped. Src made it seem like it would be more of a big deal. The bands I mentioned may be from high school days but they are still in high demand. Coheed and brand new are very high demand. I was just personally let down. Glad that people who wanted this can finally get it. Coheed and brand new will happen eventually.

I couldn't reply in the other thread. I guess it's cool for some people. I never listened to this band. I just think it might have been overhyped. Src made it seem like it would be more of a big deal. The bands I mentioned may be from high school days but they are still in high demand. Coheed and brand new are very high demand. I was just personally let down. Glad that people who wanted this can finally get it. Coheed and brand new will happen eventually.

this is a good album. i dont think its amazing but its a big deal to a lot of people and 1st press copies sell for quite a bit of $$$. this seems right up SRC's alley based on what they've been releasing - though im sooo glad to see they continue to push that price threshhold :rolleyes: not sure where the BN or COCA talk is coming from but i highly doubt any of those albums will be licensed to someone else if/when theyre repressed. theres literally no risk in repressing any of those albums. rival schools is more of a niche release, comparatively speaking.