Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Not true, at least from my experiences, which have been many. Seen them about 7 times now all around philly and they always draw a packed house. Saw them headline with Kylesa before and with Russian Circles/Deafheaven and all sold out. They were earthshattering shows.

I have seen them play to less than 10 people on multiple occasions (3 times at the Khyber... once at the one joint over by Girard).

Unless something has changed in the last 2 years.

Not true, at least from my experiences, which have been many. Seen them about 7 times now all around philly and they always draw a packed house. Saw them headline with Kylesa before and with Russian Circles/Deafheaven and all sold out. They were earthshattering shows.

Actually, I saw them play at the North Star to just the 2 other bands as well.

Wtf? Are you serious?

Totally serious. It was super weird. Granted, it let me stand right up front, but... yeah. The place was already super small, too. I tried to go up to the band before the gig, and they just were not fucking having it. Same thing afterwards. Nobody wanted to talk. They just walked right through the crowd of people trying to congratulate them and wish them well. That was moderately off-putting, because there were people like me who love the band who DID drive 4 fucking hours to see the show. The least you can do is not be a whiny little emo bitch because there were more people at St.Vitus the night before. But that's for another day :D

I have seen them play to less than 10 people on multiple occasions (3 times at the Khyber... once at the one joint over by Girard).

Unless something has changed in the last 2 years.

That's odd. Both the shows I mentioned were more than 2 years ago (5 maybe?), and another happened about 3 ago that was also packed. Guess it's just luck of the draw, but most of the times I've seen them they played with other killer bands, so perhaps they were a draw as well.  Non the less, Rosetta is a staple for me in Philly, and I go to see them every time.

Also, not sure this bit of info made the rounds from late last year, I never saw this thread, but "Vinyl represses of Wake/Lift and The Galilean Satellites. Translation Loss Records have confirmed that 2016 will be the year for both of these albums to return to vinyl. Again, there are not specific release dates for these, but Wake/Lift will come first, early in the year, and TGS will follow later in 2016. And yes, TGS will be a 4xLP, and yes, you will be able to sync it up on a DJ setup."

maybe this song is why I ended up getting into post-rock.

Listen to that delay-and-reverb soaked guitar, and those thudding tom-tom beats...

You guys might think this is a joke, but think about it. Listen to the elements in this song.

(also posting because Julie Christmas' vocals in the new Cult of Luna track make me think of this)

Not sure, again, if this is old or new news to you all, since Idk why I just saw this thread for the first time, but Silent Whale Becomes A Dream released their first track in over 4 years in 2015, and it's a killer. Hopefully they have a full length coming, it's much overdue. Probably one of the best slow building post-rock groups out there, I can't help but fall in love with their 15+ minute tracks. I get lost, which I something I always loved about the genre.

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/architeuthis

Not sure, again, if this is old or new news to you all, since Idk why I just saw this thread for the first time, but Silent Whale Becomes A Dream released their first track in over 4 years in 2015, and it's a killer. Hopefully they have a full length coming, it's much overdue. Probably one of the best slow building post-rock groups out there, I can't help but fall in love with their 15+ minute tracks. I get lost, which I something I always loved about the genre.

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/architeuthis

Did a mini-group buy on the 2xLP via French label Arbouse Recordings, who gave us a nice shipping break. Love that album, gets regular play with one track per side... Thanks for the reminder - got the email and filed it - just so much other stuff going on!

Totally serious. It was super weird. Granted, it let me stand right up front, but... yeah. The place was already super small, too. I tried to go up to the band before the gig, and they just were not fucking having it. Same thing afterwards. Nobody wanted to talk. They just walked right through the crowd of people trying to congratulate them and wish them well. That was moderately off-putting, because there were people like me who love the band who DID drive 4 fucking hours to see the show. The least you can do is not be a whiny little emo bitch because there were more people at St.Vitus the night before. But that's for another day :D

That's disappointing...

I would be willing to donate like $10 for Matt to help pay for that last piece haha. If we all pitch in $10, Matt can make an offer someone CAN'T REFUSE.

Haha I love you. <3<3<3

I still have a shot at Phil getting me one. I'm just waiting for him to be done with all the Dust tours. I might give him a polite reminder in VA Beach at the show. Haha.

Haha I love you. <3<3<3

I still have a shot at Phil getting me one. I'm just waiting for him to be done with all the Dust tours. I might give him a polite reminder in VA Beach at the show. Haha.

I feel like this is the only proper way for you to complete the collection.  I mean, that is some storybook shit right there haha.

Getting the final, most elusive piece to your insanely massive Caspian collection, from the man himself???

But my donation offer will remain on the table haha.

I feel like this is the only proper way for you to complete the collection. I mean, that is some storybook shit right there haha.

Getting the final, most elusive piece to your insanely massive Caspian collection, from the man himself???

But my donation offer will remain on the table haha.

That's honestly how I want it to happen. It would just make my collection mean that much more. Not because of the money, but because I would be getting the missing piece from the main member of the band I love. It would feel like it had come full circle.

Haha. Well I'll you know if it ever comes to that, bud. <3

• jhulud locked this topic