Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Let's be real. You'd be a getting a mixtape with Gumbo covers of all of that. And it would be playing as soon as you got in the car. I got dibs on <30 seconds haha.

Phil of Caspian wants me to go out. Me and Forbes are trying to do it next year or so. As well as go hang out as Sheath headquarters.

Uhhhh..ill go.

I absolutely hate music fests. But Dunk Fest is not a fest I would hate one bit.

They treat you like family there. You get your own bunk, you have all access, you get to hang with the bands. It's the only fest I would go to cause it doesn't have any cons of a normal fest. And yes, you need to go with.

SERIOUSLY.

I say we Kickstart our own Dunk fest. Let's find some giant-ass field and have the post-rock festival Dunk attendees will be jealous of.

Let's do it. Become US distros for all the awesome EU post rock labels, then host it. And get GFE to reunite too. Have ITTCT, Giants, Set and Setting, Hammock, Gates, Caspian, Russian Circles, deadhorse, This Will Destroy You, and other US bands to play too.

Damn. Rich Gumbo lol.

I say Dave Grohl goes. My God I want to hear stories of that trip.

Not rich. Just have enough to definitely do this before I start school in the fall :D

COME ON PEOPLE, ITS FUCKING CULT OF LUNA PLAYING WITH PG.LOST IN SCANDINAVIA. SOMEBODY DO THIS WITH ME.

We can talk about how awesome it would be if Caspian jammed. I mean, could you imagine how incredible they would probably be at it? ugh. ::shivers::

Let's do it. Become US distros for all the awesome EU post rock labels, then host it. And get GFE to reunite too. Have ITTCT, Giants, Set and Setting, Hammock, Gates, Caspian, Russian Circles, deadhorse, This Will Destroy You, and other US bands to play too.

Where should I start for Gifts From Enola and Set and Setting? Those are two bands I have always read and seen the names thrown about, but I literally have zero experience with any of their music.

Not rich. Just have enough to definitely do this before I start school in the fall :D

COME ON PEOPLE, ITS FUCKING CULT OF LUNA PLAYING WITH PG.LOST IN SCANDINAVIA. SOMEBODY DO THIS WITH ME.

We can talk about how awesome it would be if Caspian jammed. I mean, could you imagine how incredible they would probably be at it? ugh. ::shivers::

Where should I start for Gifts From Enola and Set and Setting? Those are two bands I have always read and seen the names thrown about, but I literally have zero experience with any of their music.

From the beginning.

A Healthy Fear was sort of a lackluster note for them to end on, compared to everything before it. From Fathoms is king.

Nooooooo. A Healthy Fear is their best by a looooong shot (in my opinion). I honestly only can listen to that, S/T & the split. Their first two never did much for me. Too raw. A Healthy Fear is really the only album I've listened to like it. Almost like it's "industrial post-rock/metal".

https://youtu.be/PVs75aU2iZ0

That was... interesting. At first I was like "Oh, these guys just want to be Converge really, really badly." Haha. But then that 2nd riff hit, with it's uplifting soaring quality. Then it was more Converge craziness, and then it hits that fucking BRUTAL slammy doom riff around the 5 minute mark. That riff is fucking sweet.

NvBKDkX.jpg

Haha. You know what kind of bat-shit crazy bargain you got on that, right?

To get mine from Germany a couple months ago, all-told I paid $80 after registered shipping.

This is very cool. Always excited for anyone who gets a hold of one of these. Obviously your base price was lower than the one I got, but I paid $34 shipped for mine a year ago, and shipping from the EU might've surpassed that on this one. Either way, great deals. B)

• jhulud locked this topic