VC Mod Sign-Up Thread v.2.0

jhulud

We're looking to add at least one more person for now (in addition to S. Rambo & myself). With Dave stepping down a while back, things have been a bit manageable but there have been spikes in the activity and monitoring at times.

If you're interested in helping out, please submit your name here, as well as  a quick reason why you think you'd be good.

We'll be choosing people by mid-month.

Responsibilities will include monitoring spam/spammers/users who aren't playing around nicely, merging threads (if needed), renaming threads (if needed), and additional responsibilities.

What we're not looking for are users who want to feel superior to others. We're just looking for members who want to help out and keep this community in good shape. Being a mod will not put you in a bracket above others.

*** Any unnecessary and/or joke posts will be deleted as they will be deemed irrelevant to this dicsussion & topic ***

Me.

I'm on here a lot. Like, a lot a lot. 

Plus I feel I'm pretty good at updating the threads I make with valid information as that happens, would be nice to help clean it up threads that aren't just mine. So yeah. I know I haven't been here too long, but I still feel I could help quite a bit. 

D'oh! I guess your initial post about him came across as joke-y. Noted though.

It was a serious nomination and a serious comment about how if no one nominated him and he was passed over he'd complain, now at least when he's passed over for mod he cant complain he wasnt considered :)

Steviex2Shoes(Steve S.) - I'd like to be a mod, mostly because I spend a lot of my time on here, and have a lot of time throughout the day to be able to stay on top of things that needed to get done. Basically I'm willing to help out to keep VC functioning the way it needs to function.  

I'd love to help out. I've been a part of these forums since 09 and have a good idea of how things should function. i'm pretty much always on here. i also haven't stepped on any toes or created any drama/caused controversy. i'm good at making decisions free of bias.

basically i'm the moderator this board needs.

I'd love to help out. I've been a part of these forums since 09 and have a good idea of how things should function. i'm pretty much always on here. i also haven't stepped on any toes or created any drama/caused controversy. i'm good at making decisions free of bias.

I'd back this guy

Me.

I'm on here a lot. Like, a lot a lot. 

Plus I feel I'm pretty good at updating the threads I make with valid information as that happens, would be nice to help clean it up threads that aren't just mine. So yeah. I know I haven't been here too long, but I still feel I could help quite a bit. 

wow damn i thought people liked me

I think this is the best idea.

Batman4mod.

i don't think the mod should be able to nominate themselves. whole lotta narcissists on here.

while I do agree that it is pretty narcistic, only you know whether or not you can actually dedicate the time to be a mod here.  its why I havent nominated myself, partially because I dont want to have to be tied to check this place every day, multiple times (even though I already do), but I also feel like if I were mod there'd be more people banned a lot faster than they've been in the past.  actually, someone should probably nominate me just for that last part.

i don't think the mod should be able to nominate themselves. whole lotta narcissists on here.

Juan asked for anyone interested to say so in this thread. Some people may get nominated and not have any interest in doing it. You have a valid point though, he or she should not be insisting that this place is a wasteland and they'll be our savior ;)

But you're not the one it deserves.

Anyways I'd throw my name in the running. 90 percent of the time I'm on here I'm just randomly browsing through threads reading them.