Oldies.com HUGE clearance

You guys dont bitch to much, we definitely screwed up. I wish it wasn't the case but we did. I feel bad constantly having to tell people that we couldnt ship stuff. The only thing I can say as a way of explanation is that this sale exploded. VC picked it up and then Modern Vinyl picked it up and then AP.net picked it up and even Reddit picked it up. Having that many orders at once just completely overwhelmed us and all order went out the window. I really am sorry guys. 

It is odd that so many people are bummed that the records that they didnt really care about are the ones getting shipped. Why order records you dont care about? Just because it was a good deal doesnt mean you should buy them if you dont really want them.

Yeah it stinks that orders werent done in chronological order, but a two man operation (in the vinyl section) got over 4000 orders in a span of 36 hours, mistakes are bound to be made. Everything I get I will be pumped for, and what doesnt come Ill just go back to looking for at a good price. Besides, it will be fun to get it in the mail and to see what shipped.

It isnt like oldies isnt refunding you the stuff that doesnt ship, they arent pulling an RJ or Virgil so simmer down folks.

Got my order in today!

Only three of the seven that I ordered shipped, but I'm still elated to have gotten these for the price I paid. I'm a little bummed about not getting the Chairlift album because that's the one I wanted the most, but honestly, there'll be plenty of other opportunities to buy it down the road. Plus, now I have enough money in my PayPal account to buy a few other things I've had my eye on.

Also, props to the folks at Oldies for working their asses off to try and fulfill as many orders as they can; even though they mixed the orders up, I still commend their tremendous effort.

6db1daba517411e38e39123e0d74e4df_8.jpg

Thanks, Oldies!

Yeah it stinks that orders werent done in chronological order, but a two man operation (in the vinyl section) got over 4000 orders in a span of 36 hours, mistakes are bound to be made.

Eh. It's like standing in line for Black Friday on Wednesday, and the guys who show up at 11 PM on Thursday get first dibs at the sale. People can pout in this situation, at least a little.

Here's what I (think) will be getting.

Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose

Miniature Tigers - Fortress

Tim Kasher - The Game of Monogamy

The Good Life - Lovers Need Lawyers

Langhorne Slim - Be Set Free

Alias - Resurgam

Telephone Jim Jesus - Anywhere Out of the Everything

Where's the guy that ordered $2,300 worth of records from this sale? I want to know how many of them actually shipped!

That is just.... soo many records. Like, you ordered an instant collection? You have really broad music tastes? I need to know more about that one.

Also whoever was tasked to pull items for that order probably needed a stiff drink after work.

Eh. It's like standing in line for Black Friday on Wednesday, and the guys who show up at 11 PM on Thursday get first dibs at the sale. People can pout in this situation, at least a little.

Here's what I (think) will be getting.

Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose

Miniature Tigers - Fortress

Tim Kasher - The Game of Monogamy

The Good Life - Lovers Need Lawyers

Langhorne Slim - Be Set Free

Alias - Resurgam

Telephone Jim Jesus - Anywhere Out of the Everything

I really hope I get that Langhorne Slim album too.

Ordered 4 but only got one today with a slip for all four. Ordered the new Washed out that wasn't even part of the clearance sale but that didn't even show up. Gonna check my order and if nothing else arrives in the next week I'll call for a refund, not sweating it though. Odd but not unforgivable.

Also whoever was tasked to pull items for that order probably needed a stiff drink after work.

After seeing how much of this product they were gonna move regardless, they probably just tossed the invoice in the trash and marked it all as sold out. I know I would've, doubt they are getting paid enough to care about dealing with that headache.

Got my order of 14 records today. I ordered shortly before this sale hit the various forums, which may have helped in my getting everything I ordered. The records were well packaged, too.

Oddly enough, my copy of Sybille Baier's Colour Green was not sealed, though I suppose it's not unlikely that the small indie label that released it doesn't seal their records.

Finally got a charge on my Discover for my third and final order, for $37.64 (of what should've been $51.46). Here was the original order:

Screen_shot_2013_11_12_at_5_49_59_PM.png

Most of those titles are actually still in stock, so after doing a little math, it looks like I got everything except Tony Sly's 12 Step Program and one of the BTMI! records (I won't know which one until the package arrives). I can live with that.