Oldies.com HUGE clearance

The amount of people who feel as though Oldies owes them something is crazy. So many people took advantage of the crazy good sale, and they are a small enough operation that they weren't prepared for it, so they handled it the best way that they could to get through it. I didn't get everything that I ordered, but that won't stop me from ordering from them in the future. Not to mention, I got a refund today for stuff that I didn't get, and I didn't file anything/contact anyone, they did it on their own. 

And seriously, screw AP.net.

For real though, is it okay to feel bummed you didn't get something you thought you would? Yes, but that's life.

You're being refunded for what's missing, and what you got was for the most part half price or less.

Could it have been handled better? Sure.

Should you be upset about it? No.

And, just before someone calls me out or something, I got 2 of 7 things I ordered, and one wasn't even part of the sale. So I get the disappointment angle... But really. This could have gone much worse.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. It appears that just because everyone knows a customer service rep, we should just excuse a horrible customer experience.

The laughable part is that I'm being called the bad guy for reporting on it.

I guess next time Pizza Hut delivers the wrong pizza, I'll go to r/pizza to receive my refund.

The amount of people who feel as though Oldies owes them something is crazy. So many people took advantage of the crazy good sale, and they are a small enough operation that they weren't prepared for it, so they handled it the best way that they could to get through it. I didn't get everything that I ordered, but that won't stop me from ordering from them in the future. Not to mention, I got a refund today for stuff that I didn't get, and I didn't file anything/contact anyone, they did it on their own. 

And seriously, screw AP.net.

we're not all bad!

Now I'm curious to know what effects this sale had for oldies.com

Was it good/bad overall? Did we, like, create some jobs or something?

Kept us busy and out of trouble for the last week, that's for certain.  And it added a sizable number of new gray hairs to the scalps of some of the vinyl pickers in our warehouse, and at least one customer service rep named Mark.  Wish we could've planned it better, but none of us had any idea it was going to go gangbusters in quite the way it did.  Oddly, you would've figured that moving 10,000+ LPs in just a couple of days would've made the shelves bare, but it doesn't even look like we put a dent in our stock!  So to answer your question, it's all good... ;-)  

so if an order shipped and you don't get a refund, does that mean the order is complete?

Not necessarily, I had my order shipped and didn't receive a refund and got my order in today. Only 1 of the 10 LPs I ordered...I called and they said they will refund me by Monday. I'm staying positive and looking forward to an extra $75. Still, those 9 LPs would've been nice to have...

ahhhh yes the hatred of AP.net let me bathe in it ahhhhh

Well, you put up an official piece of content knocking another site so why should AP deserve the teflon treatment? Seriously, it was a record sale and inventory got messed up. It happens all the time but if you want to let one of your contributors officially cry like a baby about being "cheated" then you've opened yourself up to it this time.