Just found out they're playing Orlando House of blues in October whiles't i'm there and its obviously sold out ages ago. If anybody could hook me up with a ticket that would be awesome. If not, do US venues usually have touts outside buying / selling tickets? Otherwise Stubhub or something is going to be the only option (which I don't really want to do!)

I mean, I still listen to their older material from time to time - and most of that is driven by nostalgia - but seriously.  This is the only band I'm currently aware of that can piddle-paddle with new releases, completely disconnect with their fan base, drag their feet with everything, and still get worshipped endlessly.  I don't get it.  I'll probably step on some toes in saying it, but their music isn't even that good.  They're not shit, but they're also not on the pedestal of life-affirming bands that Tumblr has unanimously placed them on.

I mean, I still listen to their older material from time to time - and most of that is driven by nostalgia - but seriously.  This is the only band I'm currently aware of that can piddle-paddle with new releases, completely disconnect with their fan base, drag their feet with everything, and still get worshipped endlessly.  I don't get it.  I'll probably step on some toes in saying it, but their music isn't even that good.  They're not shit, but they're also not on the pedestal of life-affirming bands that Tumblr has unanimously placed them on.

I'll agree with this

But TDAG and Daisy are their best albums.

I know it's a bummer when bands don't play older songs, but they can play whatever they want. They don't owe anyone anything besides a performance. There are a lot of bands I just don't bother going to see if they play around here because I know they won't play what I want to hear. Of course, I saw Taking Back Sunday and they played ONE song I recognized,  so I skipped them  the next time they played and it turned out they played Tell All Your Friends in full.

I think it's largely their fans.  YFW is fucking 13 years old, how many bands out there still play songs off albums they put out 13 years ago.  Hot Water Music are one of my favorite bands, but I don't get pissed when I go see them and they don't play anything off No Division.  Largely because I saw them play songs off that when they were touring that album.

I'm guessing a lot of the butt hurt is that Brand New fans didn't get a chance to see them tour when YFW came out and now they feel like the band owes them to play those old songs.

Here's the set list by the way. They jammed into You Won't Know at the end which was pretty cool. Overall it was great, albeit a little too Daisy heavy for my liking. Really wanted 'Quiet Things' though. Or 'Soco Amaretto Lime', 'Play Crack the Sky', or 'Luca'. Jesse introduced 'Sic Transit' as 'I saved Latin, What did you ever do?' in case there was any doubt that song was named after 'Rushmore'.

Sowing Season

Vices

Sink

Gasoline

Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades

Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't

Welcome to Bangkok

You Stole

At the Bottom

Jesus

Degausser

You Won't Know

I was at the Dallas show as well and I FREAKIN' LOVED IT! I like YFW and Deja but TDAG and Daisy are by far my favorite albums so the set list was killer for me. As soon as they started playing I knew where they were headed with the setlist and I knew a ton of people would be pissed off. After the show this girl came up to me and my buddy and said "Can I ask ya'll something? What did you think of that set list? The lack of Deja and Your Favorite Weapon really fuckin' pissed me off!" As to which I replied "to each his own!" She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. I said "Daisy is actually my favorite Brand New album." She quickly walked away and just yelled "wow!" I was just in awe at seeing them play for the first time. If I would've known so many VC people were at the show I would have tried to meet up! Also, I went to order a red bull/vodka and it was $17. I quickly turned around and went and got a water. That place was crazy expensive and it was my first time there. I also bought these $50 upgrades to my tickets and when we got to the show and headed to the VIP where they were supposed to let us in, they had no idea what we were talking about. We walked away with free parking and a dinky show lanyard. I was pretty hot about that. My cost for 2 tickets after fees was about $175 plus the $50 upgrade for each ticket so it was $275 total. I gotta say though, Bad Books/Dustin Kensrue/Circa Survive/PM Today/Cold War Kids all put on really great shows. Circa just killed it and they really set it over the top for me. The lack of an encore was also really frustrating.

holy shit that's outrageous. I didn't really care about res kid, pm today, or feivel. DK and Circa killed it though, just would've liked longer sets. especially for how expensive it was. I really lucked out though and got roped in by a Samsung rep to download the "owner's hub" app on my Galaxy. at first, I was skeptical, but then I got to pick either VIP or pit access for that show, or free food, or *2 free tickets to an upcoming show*. when I did it, there were only 6 more available. I ended up being able to get free tickets to see City & Colour in November. two tickets would've cost me $80, and the seats are actually really good. Section 205, front row. pretty freakin' awesome because I probably wouldn't have gone since Dallas is a bit of a drive for me.

holy shit that's outrageous. I didn't really care about res kid, pm today, or feivel. DK and Circa killed it though, just would've liked longer sets. especially for how expensive it was. 

This is what killed me. Brand New isn't the only band I went for and it felt like the other sets were over almost as soon as they started.

In retrospect, Brand New put on a really good show. I had a lot of fun while they were on. My heart just sank when the guitar was thrown into the drums during the instrumental after You Won't Know because I knew it was over and there was no more chance for more Deja or YFW. The no encore thing was weird too, but that might have been a venue thing?

That's awesome dude. I wanted to take my wife to that show but it's close to her due date so that would probably be a bad idea. Where/how far is your drive? I live 2 hours north of Amarillo in Perryton so it was actually a 6 hour drive for me.

oof, I drove up from Beaumont (about an hour and a half east of Houston). it normally takes about 4-4.5 hours to Dallas if traffic isn't bad, but I went through/stopped in Waco so it took over 5.

my in-laws lives up by Allen, so we just crashed there Friday, and got a hotel for Saturday.