Beyonce

stl_ben

I never said she isn't good at singing, just that I cannot stand how people worship her and how she acts like she owns the world. She fucking lip-synced the national anthem. I have no respect for her.

The circumstances of the event didn't give her time to soundcheck with the orchestra she was performing with. Pointing to one instance of lip-syncing doesn't cancel out the fact that we all know she's got a great voice, so don't kid yourself.

Also, Single Ladies is a killer joint.

On the contrary, I myself don't care about what people like, I just know what I don't like, which just so happens to be what most people here like. That said, I will continue to express that dislike freely, without concerning myself what others think about my opinions.

Discussion works both ways, good and bad. Don't like it? Tough shit. Most of the people here would probably cry if they posted on some of the "meaner" boards out there...

Beyonce >>>> Brand New, Touche Amore, and any other VC hype bands. Deal with it.

Yeah, I have no respect for Beyonce, but this is pretty much the most accurate statement on here.

How is mainstream pop music made for 15 year olds different from "underground" music made for 15 year olds?

I look forward to the torrents of downvotes.

On the contrary, I myself don't care about what people like, I just know what I don't like, which just so happens to be what most people here like. That said, I will continue to express that dislike freely, without concerning myself what others think about my opinions.

Discussion works both ways, good and bad. Don't like it? Tough shit. Most of the people here would probably cry if they posted on some of the "meaner" boards out there...

I completely get what you're saying but I just think its pointless to go into a thread of something or someone you don't like just to stir shit up. There's a difference in having an intelligent discussion about why you don't like something and just going into a thread to say someone sucks or they're trash or whatever.

"Underground" artists who write their own music > mainstream artists who don't. That's a huge factor for me, personally.

Worth pointing out. As much as I dislike some bands, they get props if they can pull off what Top 40 Mega-Stars can't.

That being said, a song is a song, regardless of who wrote it. If it blows, it blows, and Beyonce and bands like Brand New are on the same shelf for me, music-wise.

Edited by topher26

Beyonce writes a bit of her own music, though. A lot is done in collab with her sister, as well. I think Solange is the real business, though.

I'm not overly familiar with her music or how much of it she writes, but my previous post was directed at the whole "underground music for teens" vs. "mainstream pop for teens" question. Nine times out of ten, you can hear the difference.

Serious or trolling? Sometimes I wonder if Im just sitting here discussing music with 13 y/o girls... 

This is such a condescending statement. Who sounds like the 13 year old? "Derr the only serious music has guitarz." 

I mean, I'm not this raging Beyonce fan, but the attitude some of you guys have about her is weird. Like...hinging on the misogynistic weird. Did anyone go into the Magna Carta thread and talk shit about Jay-Z this much? And that album is a piece of shit compared to this.