Beyonce

stl_ben

I just listened to the YouTube video sampler. (Every song on this album has a video to it) and it's fun. It's definitely the most experimental-pop Beyonce album to date. This one's her "art cred" album. Whoever the team/teams behind those videos are amazing that's for sure

I've listened to this a few times, and I'm in love. props to her for abandoning her "traditional pop" sound... makes me wonder if the label really didn't like this (hence why it was rumored to be released earlier this year) and kept getting pushed back. 

I feel like if they had promoted this like a normal album it wouldn't have sold as well because it's so different for her

I'm torn because I want to sit down and watch the videos the first time I listen to it since it feels like that's how it's meant to be done... but I generally listen to stuff in the car because I have an hour commute so it just works out better.  I don't know if I'll have the time to watch it all the way through this week, but I also don't want to wait that long to hear it... hmmmm...

So has anyone actually listened to this album?

Basically if I wasn't studying, I'd be listening to this non stop. Really loved the listen and a half I had before. Won't make my end of year list because I just don't have time before then but...yeah. Wish it was earlier in the year, even by like a month.

Guest Justin Maheiny

She's the most overrated piece of trash in the music world.

Precisely the reason why I don't like her. Make your own fucking music.

I think Beyonce is the 21st century Tina Turner. Much like Tina Turner, Aretha Franklin, Frank Sinatra, Elvis & many other famous singers, Beyonce doesn't write her own music. So what? A large portion of the early Led Zeppelin records were stolen from other artists. Does this make them suck as well?

If you click on the link below and watch a portion of her concert at the Staples Center, it's petty hard to argue she has no talent. She makes Gnarls Barkley's Crazy(2:47) IMO sound better than it ever has & her backing band is always amazing. During the song Green Light both drummers have alternating solos and one even does hers blindfolded. It's pretty cool. I highly doubt whatever your favorite artist/band is writes their own music and can also perform shows like this in stilettos for 2+ hours a night.

http://pann.nate.com/video/216850888

...and for the Hell of it. Ike & Tina doing Come Together in '71

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxXm9ZLwivQ

Is this available anywhere other than iTunes at the moment?

nope... from what I read, it'll be in retailers on Friday. Except no copies will be at Target because it was released on iTunes exclusively they think it'll hurt their sales so they aren't gonna stock it (I believe they did this with Watch the Throne as well)