VC's definitive list of albums, A- Z (VOTING CLOSED)

brandy

You totally nailed it...it really makes me angry that people listen to their shitty favorite bands!

I know this response is a little late, but I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic here.  The statement is pretty preposterous, and the exclamation mark only seals the deal with sarcasm.  But the posts you make genuinely lead me to believe that you have a superiority complex here on the boards.  At least as far as music goes.  If I recall correctly, not too long ago you said something like "...especially compared to all the shit drone and ambient that VC claims to enjoy", or something along those lines.  I inquired about that comment and you never bothered to back up your claim.  So.  That's cool.

The beauty of music is that it is indeed subjective.  There's no way that you or I are going to agree with everyone's tastes on these forums.  And I think those fluctuating opinions are cool as hell.  You know what's not cool, though?  Making broad statements like "this forum's taste is a joke".

I know this response is a little late, but I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic here.  The statement is pretty preposterous, and the exclamation mark only seals the deal with sarcasm.

;)

But the posts you make genuinely lead me to believe that you have a superiority complex here on the boards. At least as far as music goes. If I recall correctly, not too long ago you said something like "...especially compared to all the shit drone and ambient that VC claims to enjoy", or something along those lines. I inquired about that comment and you never bothered to back up your claim. So. That's cool.

Sorry, I have this habit to mostly go back to the topics about music I enjoy...when I'm posting in other threads, I rarely get back to see what people respond to my posts. Therefore, I've probably not seen your comment...regarding my post, I guess it was in the "White Albums layered one million times or something like this"-thread. My answer has been a bit harsh, I admit! ;)

The beauty of music is that it is indeed subjective. There's no way that you or I are going to agree with everyone's tastes on these forums. And I think those fluctuating opinions are cool as hell. You know what's not cool, though? Making broad statements like "this forum's taste is a joke".

Regarding my statement in this thread that I can't take this forum serious anymore concluded from the fact that I couldn't believe anybody voted for Sgt.Pepper before I did...you shouldn't take everything too serious or read more into it! ;)

I guess so.  I'm not looking to start a dispute, but whether you're facetious or not in this thread or others, I just think it's pretty silly (and pointless) to think that the outside majority is in the wrong for listening to what they enjoy.  Lord knows that VC has its fair share of Hot Topic exclusives that I have zero interest in... but I don't think I'm better than anyone who's excited for them.  You personally have a lot of great artists in your collection - in my opinion - so I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from.

And I know you mentioned that you don't refer back to topics that you post in, but if you absolutely have to belittle an album, artist, or genre, you should at least be prepared to respond with a better choice... as opinionated as it may be.  I'm all for discussing music that leads me and other users to discover new jams that I've been oblivious to.  But if you fail to do that, it just looks like you're trolling for the sake of being an instigator.

Apologies for any Sgt. Pepper confusion, too.

Initial post says live albums count. Not like it will win anyways.

Rules:

- only full length albums. no compilations, no EPs, no singles. live albums allowed.

I could see how this could be read, but he clearly forgot to put no in front of live albums. He was clearly referring to full length studio albums.

I don't even know how many letters I missed. Going the cliche route this round, though.

Unknown Pleasures - Joy Division

Undertow - Tool comes in close close second. (Aenima's gonna count in the "symbol" round, right? I don't even know how to get the conjoined AE character to show up)

alt + 0198 for Æ

I could see how this could be read, but he clearly forgot to put no in front of live albums. He was clearly referring to full length studio albums.

Lol I actually meant it. Live albums are indeed allowed, just because they offer a different take on the songs, as opposed to stuff like greatest hits albums which just compile the best songs on studio albums, and b-side albums which normally compile from EPs and stuff.

Sorry for the confusion!