Recent purchases

Just picked up an original Reload by Metallica for $11

I wonder if someone messed up the price on this one. It's pretty much near mint, didn't clean before playing and theres no surface noise. Sounds amazing... They probably were referencing to the recent press and since it's used the price was cut in half.

I do this too but damn cuh you calculate the prices too? My girl would have my balls on a platter if I put the prices on mine too, shit would make me bow out the hobby probably out of guilt..

This. Also my wife would probably murder me if I told her I spend $125 on Iced Earth reissues this week...but...yeah. Whatevs.

Local:

Good Old War- Broken Into Better Shape, 180 gram transparent blue

Discogs:

Family Of The Year- Loma Vista

No Sleep sale:

AFI- Very Proud Of Ya

Turntsile- Nonstop Feeling

Turnstile- Step 2 Rhythm 7"

Ghost Key- The Things I Am Not, black /400

Adventures- Supersonic Home

The Story So Far- Under Soil And Dirt

Run Forever- Big Vacation 7", black /300

Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses 12". I can die a happy man (while listening to Goodbye Horses).

The million dollar question...

Would you tuck it, dance around and whisper "I'd fuck me" on first listen? That's what I would do.

Crosses does an amazing cover of this. Chino even tucked the mic between his legs when I saw them do it live. Fucking epic!

The million dollar question...

Would you tuck it, dance around and whisper "I'd fuck me" on first listen? That's what I would do.

You know it. Haha.

Man. Today was the perfect storm. All 8 records I ordered from that crazy No Sleep sale showed up at the same time all 6 records I ordered from that crazy Daytrotter sale. Plus a copy of the new Dawes record from Amazon. And my wife pulls into the driveway from work as I'm picking all of this up off of the front porch shirtless in my gym shorts after taking the day off today. I got that wordless "we're going to talk about this later" head shake.

I went to Pitchfork this past weekend and picked up the following when it wasn't 90 degrees out nor raining like a monsoon:

Sheer Mag - II

Serengeti  - Museum Day (flexi)

I was talking to the guy running the Joyful Noise booth and he said Serengeti and Anders Holm are in the studio creating another Kenny Dennis album.

A good weekend at the shops.

60FT Dolls - The Big 3 (Deluxe Edition) - Double CD
Brand New - Deja Entendu - Double LP
The Charlatans - Melting Pot - Double LP
Cocteau Twins - Aikea-Guinea - UK 12" Single
The Cure - The Walk - UK 12" Single
The Cure - The Lovecats - UK 12" Single
The Cure - The Caterpillar - UK 12" Single
The Cure - The Top - LP
Flying Saucer Attack - Instrumentals 2015 - Double LP
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax - UK 12" Single
Freur - Doot Doot - UK 12" Single
Jesus Jones - Bring It On Down (Liquidized Mix) - UK 12" Single
Jesus Jones - Info Psycho (Dance Extravaganza) - UK 12" Single
What's Eating Gilbert - That New Sound You're Looking For - Blue Vinyl LP /300

New to the forum and new to test presses. Just got Ten Foot Pole's Insider and Unleashed test presses and I'm seeking any additional info I can get on them. Got a little from the seller, but the interweb is pretty silent about the subject. Please hit me back with anything you've got on the forum or [email protected]. Thanks in advance!

Didn't even know this existed. When Life For Rent and No Angel were reissued by Classic Records in 2003, they had plans for both of them to release them as a part of their Clarity series, where they press them as single sided 4LPs on clear, 200 gram vinyl, all with etched b-sides. That never happened, but the test pressings for them still exist and sound incredible. Still need to find the No Angel boxset, but it's insane to be able to own this. Somebody on eBay has sold a few, must have worked for Classic Records or something.

HZx3KP3.jpg

n2IxrFp.jpg

Bring Me The Horizon- box set

Thursday- Common Existence 2xLP

Man Overboard- Heavy Love, ultraclear with sea blue and red splatter

Twin Forks- s/t

Alkaline Trio- Goddamnit

Atreyu- So Others May Live RSD 7"

And user danoise got me Pujol- United States of Being as a gift. Pretty stoked about that.

Edit: Stopped at an outta town Hot Topic and they actually had awesome shit. The manager told me they were the fourth best selling store for vinyl. Scored:

Matchbook Romance/Motion City Soundtrack split 20", HT exclusive red

Dance Gavin Dance- Acceptance Speech, HT exclusive red

Also just ordered:

Expire- Pretty Low

Spirits- Discontent, red smoke

Spirits- s/t 7", smoke /199

Spirits/Get A Grip split 7", skittles variant

Our Lady- II, opaque pink /200

husband&wife- Dark Dark Woods, opaque dark red /150 (includes "Seems Like The Same Sound: Dark Dark Woods Remixed" CD)

New to the forum and new to test presses. Just got Ten Foot Pole's Insider and Unleashed test presses and I'm seeking any additional info I can get on them. Got a little from the seller, but the interweb is pretty silent about the subject. Please hit me back with anything you've got on the forum or [email protected]. Thanks in advance!

I have no info for you, but nice score! Ten Foot Pole were terribly underrated, such a great band.

Didn't even know this existed. When Life For Rent and No Angel were reissued by Classic Records in 2003, they had plans for both of them to release them as a part of their Clarity series, where they press them as single sided 4LPs on clear, 200 gram vinyl, all with etched b-sides. That never happened, but the test pressings for them still exist and sound incredible. Still need to find the No Angel boxset, but it's insane to be able to own this. Somebody on eBay has sold a few, must have worked for Classic Records or something.

Where did you find that??? I love those first two Dido albums, hope to get them one day on vinyl. They need to repress those.