PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

Not a huge fan of the shirt. I supported the lgbt record, but Cwhit is right, they've said some incredibly offensive shit and now it just seems they're in it for the profit. Even the record variant seemed a bit off to me for a band like Nothing.

What did they say and where did they say it?

Only on vc could a band bringing awareness to a social issue and donating money become a debate of righteousness.

You don't think it's odd that they have called people "fags" on social media (I'm not going to dig through Facebook posts to find it), and then they start printing these shirts? Obviously I'm all for the money being donated, but it seems odd.

While I don't agree with what they said on Social Media or they way they handled the conflict in that particular instance, I think that people learn from their mistakes, and donating whatever money they are donating may be (I don't want to put words in their mouths) their way of making amends. We all make mistakes. It seems as though these guys have learned from this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just getting bumped up reminded me of seeing them at Bottom of the Hill.  I left early.  They sounded like crap (which is rare because BOTH usually has great sound), and it's been a long time since I've seen a band be so disrespectful to a venue and its rules/policies.  It was embarrassing, for them.  I felt like I was at a high-school punk rock show, except it was a bunch of middle-aged adults revealing in their edginess.  Rant over, hopefully they aren't being douches anymore.  Was going to give them a second chance at Sasquatch, but they bailed on that show.

This just getting bumped up reminded me of seeing them at Bottom of the Hill.  I left early.  They sounded like crap (which is rare because BOTH usually has great sound), and it's been a long time since I've seen a band be so disrespectful to a venue and its rules/policies.  It was embarrassing, for them.  I felt like I was at a high-school punk rock show, except it was a bunch of middle-aged adults revealing in their edginess.  Rant over, hopefully they aren't being douches anymore.  Was going to give them a second chance at Sasquatch, but they bailed on that show.

well the band is known for their no holds barred personalities which I dig, and they're mostly east coast guys so it makes sense a Cali show wouldn't be as welcoming to them

They did have to drop off quite a few shows earlier this year due to medical issues.

I realize this is something that's been burning up inside me and this thread is just allowing me a box to voice it, but one little thing I dislike about the internet is that for a lot of people, if you say one bad thing, you are branded as that thing forever. Everyone is always written off and no one ever seems to get a chance at redemption. No one ever gets to make a mistake with their words. They are either Jesus or piece of garbage. 

Awful humans? Coming strong with this one. Tell me, what slurs have they used? Shouldn't be too hard to produce links since this is such common knowledge. Or are you perpetuating something you read on a message board?

http://cheerupemoteen.tumblr.com/post/115830404163/before-you-spout-off-on-the-internet-about-whirr

I get Whirr and them mixed up for specific incidents but I have much more for Whirr.

Literally told someone to kill themselves lol fuck off