IKEA'S EXPEDIT SOON TO BE OOP

Yeah, but if they don't match my wife is going to go apeshit.

This is my life.

are there any images of what this KALLAX is?

When we've spent too long in an Ikea looking at candles and sheets, I start saying the names of stuff loudly in a bad swedish accent.  Sometimes that gets me out of there.

• 1 month later...

the teal one in that article actually is an expedit. i've actually been lusting after that guy ever since i first saw it in a store a year or two ago. now i finally am due for an upgrade and debating on which way to go.

i'm really not loving the colors of the kallax, that's for sure. i thought the teal and hot pink were pretty great additions to the expedit line...not really feeling the same way about these pastel colors, especially this fella:

ikea-regal-kallak.jpg

not really much by the way of useful information in that article, although it seems to suggest that the new kallak is narrower. it didn't really say how, but if you look at an expedit and the picture above, it looks like the sides/top/bottom are slightly narrower on the kallak, which could be a problem, structurally, especially when you're talking about holding 1000s of records. 

the teal one in that article actually is an expedit. i've actually been lusting after that guy ever since i first saw it in a store a year or two ago. now i finally am due for an upgrade and debating on which way to go.

i'm really not loving the colors of the kallax, that's for sure. i thought the teal and hot pink were pretty great additions to the expedit line...not really feeling the same way about these pastel colors, especially this fella:

ikea-regal-kallak.jpg

not really much by the way of useful information in that article, although it seems to suggest that the new kallak is narrower. it didn't really say how, but if you look at an expedit and the picture above, it looks like the sides/top/bottom are slightly narrower on the kallak, which could be a problem, structurally, especially when you're talking about holding 1000s of records. 

Two spray cans should do the trick.  Also I read an article that the Kallak does fit up to 12" records