Post Your Record Storage Area

What do you guys use to display the sleeve of a record as you play it?

I find a flat surface parallel to the Earth, and then I look for a spot with another surface running perpendicular to it.  I then place the top of the record against the perpendicular surface with the bottom against the parallel surface. So that the  line formed running from the top of the sleeve to the bottom of the sleeve form an angle of approximately 25 degrees to the parallel surface.

I lean it...on a shelf...up against a wall.

I find a flat surface parallel to the Earth, and then I look for a spot with another surface running perpendicular to it.  I then place the top of the record against the perpendicular surface with the bottom against the parallel surface. So that the  line formed running from the top of the sleeve to the bottom of the sleeve form an angle of approximately 25 degrees to the parallel surface.

I lean it...on a shelf...up against a wall.

At first, I thought you were being a dick. Then, well, I enjoyed your paragraph.

Dick. :)

I recently got into vinyl, hence my pathetically small collection. But no worries! I'm definitely working on that.

PhotoMay2221419PM_zpsc48f9502.jpg

PhotoMay2221437PM_zpsadbdcc0d.jpg

Shelf is a white expedit that I played around with.

I recently got into vinyl, hence my pathetically small collection. But no worries! I'm definitely working on that.

PhotoMay2221419PM_zpsc48f9502.jpg

PhotoMay2221437PM_zpsadbdcc0d.jpg

Shelf is a white expedit that I played around with.

what speakers are those?

This thread has revitalized my interest in how I'm going to rearrange everything when I move into my new apartment in August. I'll finally have a regular-shaped room with an entire wall dedicated to the setup; no more L-shaped corner setup in a cramped bedroom and no more "turntable on one side of the room, records on the other" bullshit. It's gonna be fantastic.

So many good ideas... I'm really digging the LED lights on the shelves that a few people have posted, so I think that might be my first project once everything is moved in.

at risk of getting a lot of bashing replies...
for those who put their players on their shelving, do you have "skipping" issues if you walk around near it? most of you have nicer turntables than I so may not be as big an issue, but wondering for those that do what your solution was? I am guessing I can get some type of silicone/rubber mat to place underneath it.

prior to buying the shelving I had it on a record player stand that did a surprisingly good job.

at risk of getting a lot of bashing replies...

for those who put their players on their shelving, do you have "skipping" issues if you walk around near it? most of you have nicer turntables than I so may not be as big an issue, but wondering for those that do what your solution was? I am guessing I can get some type of silicone/rubber mat to place underneath it.

prior to buying the shelving I had it on a record player stand that did a surprisingly good job.

Wait so, when you are near your turntable, it starts skipping, and when you're not, it's fine?

• jhulud locked this topic