Post Your Record Storage Area

yes when I walk around it shakes the floor enough that the needle skips. I threw a little more weight only the arm so its only when I walk within a 5 or so foot distance of it.

I am on a 3rd floor and it doesn't take much for the floors to shake, maybe its my heavy big feet ;)

You need to find a better surface to put your turntable on. When I moved into my apartment I had my turntable up on a shelf and it would skip occasionally because the floors in this place are uneven and I had to walk really close to the shelf. I moved it across the room and I have no issues at all. If you have another place to put it then try it out. Adding weight to the arm doesn't seem like a great solution.

I recently discovered that you can fit an lp sleeve on the inside of the project debut carbon plastic cover when it is open as your record plays...as per the pictures below:

10325775_10152499950983274_1359219949626

10154045_10152499885053274_4159554204920

BociTRFIgAAHUnp.jpg

That's very dangerous. I just rest the jackets on the hinges for the dust cover on the back of the turntable. Looks great with the dustcover remove.

By the way, shameless plug, but I'm looking to unload the first 4 Slumberland Pains 7"s (Searching for the Now vol 3 and the three singles from their first LP) if anyone is interested. 

• jhulud locked this topic