Robo Store overhaul! FLOOR Self-Titled 12"+7" repress, WILD SALES!

Going through the store now so I don't just spend $.99 plus shipping. Never actually listened to Floor before but the price is too good to pass, even if I haven't bought a CD in like 8 years.

Apparently they had End of a Year - Sincerely LP on sale for $.99? Whoever got that is the luckiest person alive. I already have a copy but for $.99 I would have bought every copy because that album rules.

Sorry guys this price was a mistake, we are having some bugs show up with our new store.  Anyone who ordered the CD set is getting refunded now, sorry about this.  Bummed to read the above pissed off message.  If this refund causes you to be that upset with us then I guess we don't need you as a long time customer?

Sorry guys this price was a mistake, we are having some bugs show up with our new store. Anyone who ordered the CD set is getting refunded now, sorry about this. Bummed to read the above pissed off message. If this refund causes you to be that upset with us then I guess we don't need you as a long time customer?

Best response ever. RE rules.

Obviously it's not the refund that I'm upset about. I'm upset that you guys won't honor an advertised price, whether it was due to a bug or not. There's got to be something you guys could offer to help soften the blow. Shit, I would have been happy with a coupon code for 10% off an order. Instead, you use a cop-out excuse and tell me you "don't need me" as a customer??? What the fuck is that?

Clearly, you are a moron if that is how you choose to run your business and treat your customers. Two weeks ago you commented on a picture I posted on my Instagram of my Torche "In Return" collection, and the band themselves said it was the most insane collection they'd ever seen. I came in here to promote you guys, and what I thought was a stellar deal. I'm not your typical customer. I own over 50 of your products and have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars with you. No more.

A label like Deathwish or Southern Lord would have found a respectable way to rectify their mistake and would certainly never respond with childish remarks.[/quote

"I came here to promote you guys, but when I found out it was an honest mistake and had my order canceled I turned the promotion into a self entitled rage".

Dude, you're a major tool. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with you.

Obviously it's not the refund that I'm upset about. I'm upset that you guys won't honor an advertised price, whether it was due to a bug or not. There's got to be something you guys could offer to help soften the blow. Shit, I would have been happy with a coupon code for 10% off an order. Instead, you use a cop-out excuse and tell me you "don't need me" as a customer??? What the fuck is that?

Clearly, you are a moron if that is how you choose to run your business and treat your customers. Two weeks ago you commented on a picture I posted on my Instagram of my Torche "In Return" collection, and the band themselves said it was the most insane collection they'd ever seen. I came in here to promote you guys, and what I thought was a stellar deal. I'm not your typical customer. I own over 50 of your products and have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars with you. No more.

A label like Deathwish or Southern Lord would have found a respectable way to rectify their mistake and would certainly never respond with childish remarks.

Southern Lord now maybe... back in the day they would have told you to go fuck yourself.

It's a mistake. They refunded. Big deal, at least you got your money back.

There really is no need to get upset here. Everyone needs to cool off and focus on positivity in their lives.

I too ordered the boxset on the chance that they were clearancing out a few remaining sets either to make room or as sort of a loss-leader to get additional orders. That ended up not being the case. But now it is not really reasonable to expect an independent label to take an unexpected financial hit because of a computer glitch. Even a percent off coupon is not fair when that is money out of Robotic Empire's pockets for something completely outside of their control.

To avoid these problems perhaps the email being sent to people could use a different tone to avoid any misunderstandings. For example my email read:

"Hey Kurt, sorry but that price on the Floor 8xCD set was a mistake so we 
can't sell it to you for 99 cents"

The "to you" part may make it seem personal, and may unintentionally be angering people in a way that saying, " we are unable to this item for $.99" would not. This is probably just the law school in me though haha.

Robotic Empire is a respectable label who has kept their prices down and their customer service up at a time when many other labels have done the opposite. I hope that anyone upset by this issue is able to take this into account and find perspective on this issue.

Dude, you're a major tool. I feel bad for anyone that has to deal with you.

Wait, you think he's a tool? Sounds like a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The refund was issued - as it should've been - yeah. No one is out any money, so it all balances out. While I agree that most other labels would've included something like a 10% coupon for the mistake on their part, it isn't completely necessary.

What I have a problem with is a snarky remark like "guess we don't need your business anymore". I don't care if you're running a corporation or a lemonade stand -- that's a super unprofessional and petty thing to say, and a terrible frame of mind for any label to maintain. I love Robotic Empire; their selection and their prices are stellar. But that remark was pretty shitty on their behalf. Amnsty shouldn't have necessarily expected anything beyond a refund... but we should all expect to be treated like potential customers. Especially those of us who've supported the label for years.

There really is no need to get upset here. Everyone needs to cool off and focus on positivity in their lives.

I too ordered the boxset on the chance that they were clearancing out a few remaining sets either to make room or as sort of a loss-leader to get additional orders. That ended up not being the case. But now it is not really reasonable to expect an independent label to take an unexpected financial hit because of a computer glitch. Even a percent off coupon is not fair when that is money out of Robotic Empire's pockets for something completely outside of their control.

To avoid these problems perhaps the email being sent to people could use a different tone to avoid any misunderstandings. For example my email read:

"Hey Kurt, sorry but that price on the Floor 8xCD set was a mistake so we

can't sell it to you for 99 cents"

The "to you" part may make it seem personal, and may unintentionally be angering people in a way that saying, " we are unable to this item for $.99" would not. This is probably just the law school in me though haha.

Robotic Empire is a respectable label who has kept their prices down and their customer service up at a time when many other labels have done the opposite. I hope that anyone upset by this issue is able to take this into account and find perspective on this issue.

Well said

Turned into "Entitlement: The Thread" pretty quickly. This isn't Amazon, people. Plus Robo just handed over a gigantic sale at the beginning of the year. If $1 is going to run you off as a long-term customer, you're not a very close customer to begin with.

people are so sensitive anymore. amnstypls was really the one to start off by saying they lost a customer and "fuck these guys" because they had an error on their site. if anything, he's kind of a dick for being so hyperbolic with his feelings and actions. I know if I owned a store and someone came in walking around telling people "fuck these guys" then I wouldn't want their business either. People get way too up in arms over not getting the something for nothing that has so become the millenial expectation of everybody. Build a bridge bro, stop being a dick bashing labels because they wouldn't lose money on your behalf. Take a look at the rest of the store, there is plenty of other cheap shit for you to apply your impulse "might as well" consumer logic towards. Punk label with a punk attitude....go figure....

"Turned into "Entitlement: The Thread" pretty quickly. This isn't Amazon, people. Plus Robo just handed over a gigantic sale at the beginning of the year. If $1 is going to run you off as a long-term customer, you're not a very close customer to begin with."

Thanks for pointing that out.  We thought that mega sale was pretty rad ourselves...

I did not buy the item in question but i will say that robotic empire as of late has been doing some really stellar offers for their customers. I am sure many of us on here took advantage of the huge sale they put on, with products up to 90% off, all because they wanted to with the debut of their updated webstore. This is something they did not have to do but chose to anyways and hammered out a ton of orders and mailed it to all of us in a pretty quick fashion.

Is it a bummer for those who wanted the item for 99 cents? Sure. Is it a requirement for any company or store to give coupons or rebates for an error? Absolutely not. They are reaching out and offering refunds and apologizing for the mix up and thats all they truely have to do.

I have dealt with much more headache and annoyance to get refunded for something than this process seemed to be.

If for some not receiving something extra for the error means no longer being a customer then thats your choice. We all handle situations differently and have different levels to which will take us to no longer use a service. This doesnt seem a reason for everyone to get in a pissing match over, but it is the internet and we all use it to gripe, argue or what have you from time to time.

But i do agree that robo should have chose their words carefully when responding to the anger. The littlest change to a sentence can lead to a downward spiral of peoples emotions and feel their loyalty and hard earned dollars they have put towards a company do not truely matter.

You guys act like the mega sale was a charitable event.

After giving it some thought, I can agree that I overreacted. However, it was the tone of the cancellation email that got me upset. It was simply along the lines of - the price was wrong, cancelling order. I imagine that if I listed a record for sale on here or anywhere else and didn't honor the listed price, not only would the buyer be upset, but they'd justifiably bash me in the Terrible Seller thread.

I don't expect any kind of "make good." That's just the customer-service mindset that I have after being in the business for 10 years.

However, the "we don't need you" remark was really the nail in the coffin for me. I'm not a casual buyer as it pertains to this label. I buy a lot of what they put out, and usually several variants, not to mention the countless items I've purchased through them via distro. I've got Robo stickers all over my guitar cases and various other things. That comment was very insulting as I felt it was personal. I looked through my PayPal and I've spent nearly $500 with them in the last calendar year alone. If you "don't need" those kinds of customers, then perhaps I should come work for you. You must be swimming in cash. Who knows? Maybe I can even teach you a thing or two about customer service.

Quit being a dick.