2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know which (or if) any stores do preorders for RSD releases? I know some put leftovers online the day after, but are there any that usually take preorders before hand? Thanks

No store should be doing that. It warrants getting them kicked off the day. Some stores online take orders, but only fill them if they have anything left over, so it's not really worth it. Plus they jack up prices.

My RSD Wish list...

Coldplay - Midnight 7"

CCR - The 1969 Singles

Fleetwod Mac - Dragonfly 7"

Haim - Forever

Jay-Z Collision Course

Joan Jett - Misspent Youth

B.I.G. - Life after Death

Eric B - Paid in Full 7"

Max Steiner - King Kong 7"

RPJ - Ghostbusters 10"

Jimi Hendrix - Live at Monterey

My wallet cries.

Music Finland To Release Exclusive 10" With The Line Of Best Fit

For Record Store Day April 19; Also Available Digitally

ARTISTS: Mirel Wagner (Sub Pop), Jaakko Eino Kalevi (Domino), Beastmilk, Satellite Stories, NEØV, The New Tigers

I, like the brilliant Paul Bridgewater of The Line Of Best Fit, feel that Nordic music in general - and Finnish music in particular - is really exciting right now, Finland being quite culturally distinct from the rest of Scandinavia.  This comp eschews the great black metal & isolation-folk (see Fonal Records) scenes, but there's incredible variety nonetheless.

About the artists, MIREL WAGNER just signed with Sub Pop, and has an album coming out there later this year (this will be her first music available since the signing.)  JAAKKO EINO KALEVI recently signed with Weird World (Domino), their first Nordic artist. And click for music on SATELLITE STORIES, NE0V, THE NEW TIGERS, and the mighty BEASTMILK.

5000 copies of this official Record Store Day release, Music Finland with The Line of Best Fit - The Limited Record Store Day Edition 2014, will be given out for free to customers at all participating stores across the US, Germany and the UK and Ireland. A select amount will also be circulated in France and Japan. 

Additionally, the songs will be streamed and/or otherwise available in some embeddable form on and after RSD.

Paul at TLOBF says: "We continue to be awed by the quality and invention in all Nordic music and Finland has shown itself to be at the centre of a creative explosion in forward thinking sounds. We're proud to be hooking up once again with Music Finland to support a release we believe represents the very best in new Finnish talent and spreading our love for it on the most important day in our musical calendar".  Go Paul!

Rhino, part two:

Hüsker Dü - Candy Apple Grey

12-inch grey vinyl. Limited edition of 4,000 copies, $19.98

Ice-T - Greatest Hits

12-inch vinyl. Limited edition of 4,500 copies, $19.98

Idle Race - Birthday Party

12-inch psychedelic vinyl. Limited edition of 4,000 copies, $19.98

Joy Division - An Ideal For Living 

12-inch 33RPM vinyl. Limited edition of 13,500 copies, $14.98

July - July

12-inch psychedelic vinyl in mono. Limited edition of 4,500 copies, $19.98

Mystery Artists (Side By Side series)

Highlighter yellow opaque with translucent orange center. Limited edition of 9,300 copies, $6.98

Randy Newman - Randy Newman

12-inch mono vinyl. Individually numbered limited edition of 3,000 copies, North American exclusive, $24.98

The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death

3-LP set on clear vinyl. Individually numbered limited edition of 6,300 copies, $44.98

Pantera/Poison Idea - The Badge (Side By Side series)

7-inch purple marble vinyl with bronze  swirl. Limited edition of 6,800 copies, $6.98

The Pogues - The Pogues With Joe Strummer Live In London, 1991

2-LP set on red vinyl. Limited edition of 7,000 copies, $29.98

These numbers are different from before.... a large increase i see in the Pogues and the Husker Du, and i assume for the others as well.

This is good news for me as i just found out i'm not going to be able to take part in RSD this year as planned. It gives me hope i'll be able to get the records i want after Easter weekend somewhere.

Edit - I see the post below mine.... :(

I'm hoping to get my hands on:
Power Glove's 'Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon' soundtrack, but I'm worried that it is UK only, and won't be carried by my local stores (even though they "put in orders" for me)

I'll probably pick up:
Childish Gambino's 'because of the internet' too because I have a feeling only the RSD release will have the script.
The Crosses EP's (all three of them), although the regular vinyl release is half the price.

I'm still undecided about whether I'll pick up:
Jay-Z/Linkin Park Collision Course
The Flaming Lips 7 Skies H3

Has anyone lined up outside Amoeba Hollywood for RSD?

Wondering how much of a zoo it is, and how early you need to get there.

I always thought lining up for RSD was silly, like lining up outside Walmart on Black Friday, but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather spend a couple hours on the pavement than pay 3x list price to a flipper for a Songs: Ohia box sets.

Where are you temping?

CIMS (Coalition of Independent Music Stores...also the home of "Think Indie") Warehouse.  doing mainly the promo boxes....i don't know if the Nick Cave vinyl figures are for sale or being given away at stores.......but if they're for sale.....and y'all are wanting one......you had better be the first or second person in line at your store.

I packed a promo box for Bluebird (i think???) in Cleveland today and thought of you man

I always thought lining up for RSD was silly, like lining up outside Walmart on Black Friday, but the more I think about it, the more I'd rather spend a couple hours on the pavement than pay 3x list price to a flipper for a Songs: Ohia box sets.

The songs: ohia box set is rad......seen so many of those being packed up.....probably as close as I'll get to them though, unfortuntely

CIMS (Coalition of Independent Music Stores...also the home of "Think Indie") Warehouse. doing mainly the promo boxes....i don't know if the Nick Cave vinyl figures are for sale or being given away at stores.......but if they're for sale.....and y'all are wanting one......you had better be the first or second person in line at your store.

I packed a promo box for Bluebird (i think???) in Cleveland today and thought of you man

Blue Arrow! And what was in it? Normally I don't go that far east for RSD but maybe I will if you sent them good shit.

I went last year, mind you i went at 9pm, and I was able to get everything I wanted and there were not many people there. If your not after anything super rare, I would go late in the night. Durring the day hit up Permenent, Gimmie Gimmie, Vacation, Mount Analog, and Origami and it MAY be a little more civilized and they are all pretty close to eachother so you can easily hit them all in the day