2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Are there some notable/worthwhile jazz releases this year? I'm not familiar with very many jazz artists, so I probably skimmed passed names without even noticing.

In addition to the two titles other people mentioned, Resonance Records is releasing two at 10 inches by West Montgomery and a record by Charles Lloyd. All three are totally unreleased.

Jack Bruce might be playing jazz these days. I don't really know.

Also the soundtrack to the Pink Panther is technically jazz.

So this guy on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/sch/shoeskate05/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=) literally has almost 100 RSD items up for "preorder" for insane prices.

I'd really love Bull Moose's opinion about this kind of stuff.

It used to drive me nuts, but after doing everything we can think of doing, I have learned to put it in perspective.

Only considering the official releases, somewhere around 900,000 thousand records will be released in the U.S. Only a few tenths of a percent of those records will be resold at an unreasonable price.

As I am sure many of you know, most of those records will be available at reasonable prices on record stores' websites a few days after RSD.

the Turntable Football thing seems silly, also confusing on our pull sheets as we ship turntables as well...

The outside (at least) of the Cake box-sets are really nice and embossed and are sturdy, haven't seen how each LP is packaged, I would assume normal LP and no gatefolds or anything fancy by the size of them.

found these two new (to me) ones today

b52ef97cbea711e39f97126967776ad5_8.jpg

8b54e460be8211e3a9e312782a6054db_8.jpg

I need both of those. PM with my address coming k thx bye

lol, PM your city and I MIGHT be able to tell which one of your local participating Record Stores will have how many of each (Though I don't have access to the computer, would just happen to see it in the pull-sheets while pulling and packing)

Update on the DCFC live release:

Live 2012 is a limited-edition live double LP documenting the bands 2012 tour with the Magik*Magik Orchestra and available on Record Store Day exclusively on vinyl via Barsuk Records

The 2012 tour was a one-of-a-kind spring trek through intimate venues and historic theaters in North America with the Seattle, WA quartet joining forces with the celebrated San Francisco orchestra for a string of unforgettable evenings. The collaboration resulted in reinterpretations and orchestrations of songs from across the entire Death Cab catalog, from their early Barsuk releases to their latest Atlantic Records full-length Codes and Keys. 

Live 2012 includes highlights from several concerts along the 27-date tour. Available exclusively on 180-gram double vinyl, with a download code for high-quality MP3s, this pressing is limited to 4,000 copies worldwide and will be part of Record Store Day 2014, the annual celebration of independent record stores, on Saturday, April 19th. 

Death Cab for Cutie Live 2012 Tracklisting:

Side A.

Magik Overture

Passenger Seat

Different Names for the Same Thing

A Movie Script Ending

Stay Young, Go Dancing

Side B.

Codes and Keys

What Sarah Said

Bend to Squares

Hindsight

Side C.

Little Fury Bugs

No Joy in Mudville

Grapevine Fires

Underneath the Sycamore

Side D.

I Will Follow You into the Dark

Tiny Vessels

Transatlanticism

Damn that thing confuses me. First it said EU and UK exclusive, then it didn't appear on any European list and now it says "worldwide" !?

we definitely covered this like 6 times earlier in the thread. i think i even replied to one of your posts directly. when it was listed as EU/UK, that wasn't the official list. 

we definitely covered this like 6 times earlier in the thread. i think i even replied to one of your posts directly. when it was listed as EU/UK, that wasn't the official list. 

oh ok!? sorry then. I followed this thread but sometimes I just scrolled through as many releases that I'm not interested in have been discussed. That clears up the first confusion but what does worldwide means now?