2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

Sorry this took so long, but this took me basically all day yesterday to compile.  Here is the list of the "missing" items from the official list.  Be sure if you want any of these items, to start bugging your stores ASAP.

Compact Discs Missing 

7" releases missing

10" Releases Missing (from new-vinyl.blogspot.com)

12" Releases Missing 

LP Releases Missing 

Box Sets Missing:

I spoke with the owner of my local store last year while waiting in line and he says he pays his rent for the next 8 months with the sales he makes on RSD alone. That's enough to make me want to keep it going... these guys need all the help to stay open they can get.

That's good to hear.  Sometimes I fear stores are forced into buying way more than they can sell. I occasionally see a lot of old over-pressed RSD items hanging around my local stores.  

This small brown bike / casket lottery split is the only thing that REALLY caught my eye so far! Sadly I will have to buy this online as this is an unofficial release and my record stores won't have that for sure..

Still a bit curious about the death cab live LP and it's exclusive status..

That's good to hear. Sometimes I fear stores are forced into buying way more than they can sell. I occasionally see a lot of old over-pressed RSD items hanging around my local stores.

According to a local shop owner that happens because a store will order 10 copies of an album and sometime get none, 3, or 20. Then they get stuck with overages because the vendors do not allow for returns unless it's a highly popular album.

Sorry this took so long, but this took me basically all day yesterday to compile.  Here is the list of the "missing" items from the official list.  Be sure if you want any of these items, to start bugging your stores ASAP.

[.......]

Thanks man!  I'm happy to see that there's nothing on this list that's a must have for me, the non-official items are often the most difficult to obtain.

According to a local shop owner that happens because a store will order 10 copies of an album and sometime get none, 3, or 20. Then they get stuck with overages because the vendors do not allow for returns unless it's a highly popular album.

haven't seen too much of this at my local place, but this kind of thing is definitely an argument in favor of limited preorders, especially for bigger ticket boxes.

Never thought about checking Banquet at this time. Looks like they still have copies of the Twilight Sad 7" from last RSD. Hopefully that means the reissue of their first album won't be horrendous to get.

The new Pixies album will be a RSD exclusive for a week and a half:

On April 19, a week before the official release date and exclusively for Record Store Day, Pixies will make Indie Cindy available as a special RSD limited edition, two-disc, deluxe gatefold, 180-gram vinyl set, only from independent record stores participating in RSD around the world.  When these are gone, they're gone.

Here are a few details from an email sent by Xiu Xiu back in November. Haven't seen any update on this release from either Xiu Xiu or Bad Paintings since then, but it sounds like the downloads have become a CD.

"a 2002-2012 "best of" double LP super limited edition hand made covers

one LP of "pop" songs one LP of dirges, ballads and experimental songs

this will also include a download of 20 or more hard to find songs from 7inches and comps.

on Bad Paintings"

following up on this Xiu Xiu release. It will be available as an import in the US and Canada. Sounds like it's a run of 500, not 100.

There is No Right, There is No Wrong

- The Best Of Xiu Xiu 2002 - 2012

Double LP:

Light Side: Transparent Vinyl

Dark Side: Black Vinyl

Gatefold, hand designed and hand numbered sleeve in eye gouging pink.

All tracks Re-mastered

Includes Rarities CD

The track listing for is as follows:

THERE IS NO RIGHT (LIGHT)   

Suha

Sad Pony Guerrilla Girl

Crank Heart

I Luv the Valley OH!

Muppet Face

Bog People

Boy Soprano

I Do What I Want, When I Want

No Friend Oh!

Dear God, I Hate Myself

Hi

Honey-Suckle

THERE IS NO WRONG (DARK)   

Dr. Troll

Sad Redux-O-Grapher

Ian Curtis Wishlist

Fabulous Muscles (Mama Black Widow Version)

Mike

Rose of Sharon (Grey Ghost Version)

Buzz Saw

Puff And Bunny

Hyunhye’s Theme

I Luv Abortion

Black Drum Machine

RARITIES CD

10000x a Minute

Sad Cory-O-Grapher

Asleep (Acoustic)

Don Diasco (Acoustic)

Clowne Towne (Acoustic Live)

Fleshettes

Helsabot of Caraleebot

Red Croissant

Jack the Ripper

Juarez (feat. Eugene Robinson)

Don’t Cha

Kangaroo

All We Ever Wanted

Yo Yo Bye Bye

Farther On

Hated for Loving

Sammy

Quagga

Hair Hopper

Thylacine

The Girl is Mine (Pale Molester Version)