Writing off bands with stupid names

Most band names are pretty dumb. Most of my collection is dumb.

Pretty much this. There aren't too many band names that I don't find dumb. I like Mogwai's name because it is so silly.

I was at a festival put on by  radio show once and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were playing so I left the stage area and walked around and got some food. I happened to be walking by the stage again when they were getting off the stage. Karen O came up to me and asked if I wanted her autograph, she seemed really disappointed when I said no I didnt like her band.

You sure showed her.

..and to contribute, Girls.

Also Texas is the Reason because they sound nothing like you would expect a band named that song to sound like.

It's from "Bullet," right? You'd expect a band taking their name from a Misfits song to.. y'know, have some stylistic similarity to Misfits. 

They're actually pretty catchy.

I expected shitcore (or risecore, whatever is the proper term). Way catchier than I expected, yeah, but still pretty bad. Also, what's with the influx of upper-middle-class suburban high-school/college kids in bands like these? It seems like that's really taken off in the past couple of years.

Don't want to piss anyone off but I hate the name "Die Kreuzen". Don't know anything about their music but the name doesn't even make sense and I can't stand the sound of it.

It's German for "the crosses."

EDIT: OR MAYBE IT ISN'T THE CORRECT WAY TO SAY THAT AND YOU WOULD KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE FROM GERMANY. DERP.

Rappers are so much better at naming themselves than bands are.

Whenever I hear of a new rapper my reaction usually is "haha, nice name", and whenever I hear of a new band my reaction is usually "seriously, that's what they're called?".

Insane Clown Posse

Wacka Flocka

Wiz Khalifa

LMFAO

Joey Badass

Rick Ross

Lil Wayne

Lil B

Lil Kim (anyone with Lil in their name, it works for the first person the rest are just unoriginal)

Rich Homie Quan

Need I go on?