Tell your funny 'Vinyl Noob' story

I stacked my vinyl when I first started collecting, causing one of my records to have a nice little warp to it.  Dumbass me.

The first 7" I ever bought was MxPx - The Broken Bones at one of their shows.  I was 15 when I bought it and didn't know at the time that records shouldn't be lain down flat.  Now it's warped and probably won't ever get played again.

My funny/embarrassing vinyl story coincides with one of the first records I ever bought. Which I mentioned in the "What was your first record" thread. When I was 12, Slayer - Reign in Blood was released. A friend's older brother introduced them to me. After the first riff from Angel of Death started blaring through the speakers, I was instantly a fan. The next time I went to the mall I wanted to buy Reign in Blood but the record store didn't have it in stock. So I bough Show No Mercy instead. I remember coming home and listening to it with my twin brother. We both sat there startled and confused because this album sounded nothing like Reign in Blood. We both thought something was wrong with the record. So my Mom had to go back to the record store and exchange it for a new copy. When she gave me the new copy it still sounded like the returned copy. Eventually I asked my friend's brother and he told me Reign in Blood was a completely different style then Show No Mercy and nothing was wrong with my record. I know this may not sound funny to anyone else but my brother and I always get a good laugh over it whenever we see anything involving Show No Mercy.

Am I the only one that hates the word "passion?" It just makes things seem so disingenuous to me. Ugh. It's probably just me, but... ugh.

I have no vinyl noob story. I've been doing shit right since the 90's, son.

This is me, except I'm sure I've done a few dumb things. But now that's it's been nearly twenty years, it's just inconsequential.