The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

There is no excuse for the last track on this album.  I'm sorry, you cannot copy and paste the choruses of the singles from the album and put them together into one song like that and expect us to believe that you truly worked hard on every single track on this record.  There's a difference between a recurring theme and a copy and paste.

There is no excuse for the last track on this album.  I'm sorry, you cannot copy and paste the choruses of the singles from the album and put them together into one song like that and expect us to believe that you truly worked hard on every single track on this record.  There's a difference between a recurring theme and a copy and paste.

It's their art at the end of the day. You can't say that they didn't work hard. I don't think that that song shows a half-assed effort at all. This was their vision for how they wanted to close the record. 

Downright incorrect? That's almost as bold a statement as saying that the previously released tracks were in the lower half of this album (which I found to be the total opposite). 

it is downright incorrect.  They definitely didn't coast on this record.  It's okay if you dislike it but to say they didn't try hard or they just phoned in everything is wrong.  And it's okay if you have the total opposite opinion as me.  I don't give a shit.  But everyone here has only heard the album as of 8 or so hours ago and everyone is already making snap judgments on this album, which is why I'm not taking anyone's opinion too seriously.  There is a lot of nuance and really cool stuff musically on this album that their previous albums didn't have.  I didn't truly start to appreciate this album until a few weeks after I first heard it.  So give it some time.  Or just blow it off, I don't care.

it's definitely not a cut and paste, listen to the album again, maybe give it 5 or 7 more listens.  

it is downright incorrect.  They definitely didn't coast on this record.  It's okay if you dislike it but to say they didn't try hard or they just phoned in everything is wrong.  And it's okay if you have the total opposite opinion as me.  I don't give a shit.  But everyone here has only heard the album as of 8 or so hours ago and everyone is already making snap judgments on this album, which is why I'm not taking anyone's opinion too seriously.  There is a lot of nuance and really cool stuff musically on this album that their previous albums didn't have.  I didn't truly start to appreciate this album until a few weeks after I first heard it.  So give it some time.  Or just blow it off, I don't care.

Unfortunately, first impressions mean everything in the music industry. You can't stop anyone from writing off a record immediately. We've all done it. 

Honestly I know 2 other bands that have done an ending like that and every time i like it. It closes thing to adjourn really well. Like it or not they definitely worked their asses off on this album. There are parts where I feel will be growers but there are a lot of instant grabs. The album is powerful and does not lose the energy. Went back and listened to Suburbia and now can't decide which one I like more. There is more depth and better lyrics on this album but Suburbia was catchier. I will let it grow but loving it so far.

that last sentence is something i would expect to come out of a 16 year old girls mouth.

you care.