Sleep - Holy Mountain Limited Repress

Fact.

Shipped to US it came out to $29 (they knock 3 pounds off because we don't pay VAT). I'm not sure it'll be much less expensive from a US distro.

Also, Rough Trade doesn't take money out until it ships, so it's a good backup. (which is what I'm using it as.) This way I don't have to stress about when it goes up elsewhere, though I will probably be trying to get a black copy and a colored copy because I'm the worst and apparently need 3 copies of this album.

Just my $.02.

You maybe right, but I would think a US distro would sell it for $17-$18 and with media mail the total price would be around $22. I may give in and get it now, but i'll think about it over the weekend. If I win any of my Super Bowl pools/bets than i'll definitely buy it.

I have had good luck getting a lot of these Earache FDR reissues from Amazon UK at much cheaper than getting them from Earache themselves or anywhere in the US. The low price guarantee and no VAT is very nice, so I just pre-order as soon as I see them go. I have gotten many for under $25 shipped. Unless you are worried about the most limited colors only available from Earache.

No word from Earache yet, just their Cat # has been disclosed, I am gonna get to work on getting these in the US for my distro today, will keep everyone updated on any info I can get, also as the Nacho Man said, Rough Trade does not charge till it ships so might as well put a PO in cus why the fuck not?

I wish more Euro labels did that. I think only once or twice have I not paid VAT.

I must have been lucky so far, I've almost never paid the VAT charge. :)

Where's the confirmation Earache is doing it? Did I miss a link?

I don't know that it has been confirmed, but Joto posted something a while back I think that was an insert advertising that they were going to be doing it soon, and of course there have been rumors for a while.

Paid the $25.97 shipped to get this from amazon.co.uk. I can't imagine a US distro version being any cheaper when you consider this is an import of a monumentally highly priced secondhand LP. If a better deal comes up in the US I'll go with that. Its funny that I've wanted an original for so long and finally scored one at the end of this past December. I'd say this is the next best thing and I figured this repress would never happen. I wonder what took them so long to get on this. My OG press sounds a bit better than my Kreation press though. I'm interested to hear how the FDR treatment suits this album on vinyl.

Rough Trade the shop and Rough Trade the label are two different entities.

http://www.roughtrade.com/

http://www.roughtraderecords.com/

That may be so but it does not change the fact that they were once one and the same. they still share the same logo, the store has been an institution for nearly 40 years, and the label put out a lot of great music that folks should check out if they are not familiar with Rough Trade.