PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

Just Surrender were amazing! They said they will be releasing If These Streets Could Talk on vinyl this year. From my town, but I still have yet to see them live.

The night I bought If These Streets Could Talk was when I saw them at The Chance 10 years ago. Love that album. Bummed ETR is releasing it, though.

This new song's great. Gonna hold off on ordering but I have a feeling they're gonna knock this one out of the park.

I haven't paid attention to this band since Suburbia, but that new song is decent. Not gonna PO this, if the whole thing is good I may try and get an HT copy, although given all their new single LPs are $27ppd I probably won't.

This is a 2xLP and will be $24.50 at Hot Topic on exclusive burgundy/teal/light yellow tri-color

damn, that's the best artwork I've seen for a punk band in a while. Neck Deep's on the other hand is the worst. Nonetheless, stoked for both releases

Do you actually think this band is punk?

I haven't paid attention to this band since Suburbia, but that new song is decent. Not gonna PO this, if the whole thing is good I may try and get an HT copy, although given all their new single LPs are $27ppd I probably won't.

i think TGG (the album that followed suburbia) was better than suburbia. both have their share of duds, however, but i was happier with the way their sound progressed.

Would rather support Hottopic anyway

Yeah what?? By ordering from MerchNow you support a charity of your choice and Hot Topic supports old men still trying to profit from girls in middle school.

The night I bought If These Streets Could Talk was when I saw them at The Chance 10 years ago. Love that album. Bummed ETR is releasing it, though.

Don't like ETR? I've never heard anyone say anything about them so I would love to know why. I only have the Honorary Title and Fall of Troy represses and they are both pretty good. 

Don't like ETR? I've never heard anyone say anything about them so I would love to know why. I only have the Honorary Title and Fall of Troy represses and they are both pretty good.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/108821-etr-records-mystery

Enjoy! It's a long read, but a good'un. Might wanna pour yourself a glass of wine first.

Yeah what?? By ordering from MerchNow you support a charity of your choice and Hot Topic supports old men still trying to profit from girls in middle school.

I've always had bad experiences with Merch Now and I've always had the best customer service with Hot Topic among other reasons why I prefer Hot Topic. I'm not going to order from them just because a small amount of money goes to a charity and then charge me double for shipping....

Do you actually think this band is punk?

yes, because they are. They are in a sub genre of punk rock music. don't be that guy...

I mean I can sit here and list off reasons of how Merch Now has messed up countless times too. All I said was that I have had better experiences with one over the other so I stick with the one who hasn't let me (personally) down.

I don't get why this is getting everyone's panties in a bunch. This is like someone getting mad at me for buying from Marshalls (distributor) instead of paying full price at a company's official store online and pay for overpriced shipping...

I mean I can sit here and list off reasons of how Merch Now has messed up countless times too. All I said was that I have had better experiences with one over the other so I stick with the one who hasn't let me (personally) down.

I don't get why this is getting everyone's panties in a bunch. This is like someone getting mad at me for buying from Marshalls (distributor) instead of paying full price at a company's official store online and pay for overpriced shipping...

I get what you're saying about the shipping, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to compare the two. Especially because the HT version for just the record is $24.50, which would come out to about $30 if it's shipped to your house. The 2xLP and poster is around $32 with the expensive shipping. So in reality it's just like $2 more, but you also get a poster. (I understand not everyone wants it, just playing devils advocate)

Yeah I wasn't really attacking anyone for liking HT, I have 5 of their pressings, I always ship to the store and think they do a great job with keeping my records in a good condition. Still grapple with the price all the time though. I just bought a copy of '68 from them for $20 only to see it was $10 on MerchNow. 

Also side note: I think think the expensive shipping thing might be just when you decide to buy things. I think their new site simply restricts certain items (particularly new ones) from being shipped with Media Mail. I bought both this and TGG 2XLP repress with the Priority shipping (nothing else to choose) and then the very next day Media Mail was up. So if you hate the shipping, just wait.