Torrents / NZBs / File Sharing

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys if anyone is still looking for nzb solutions, I've found a new indexing site.  It's actually a forum, but it's very active (looks like lots of transients from nzbmatrix and newzbin2).  All nzb's are appropriately categorized and pretty easy to find. Currently they don't support sickbeard, but it looks like it may in the future.  It's open registration now but looks like it will go invite only eventually.

check it out if you're interested

http://www.nzbgrabit.co.uk/forum.php

I'll probably grab it now to avoid having to be invited later but the rumors of Sick Beards demise were greatly exaggerated. I just checked all the boxes on the free index sites and it finds 98% of my shows, then I have about 5 index sites that you can search to manually get nzbs to Sab, then there are always torrents if all else fails. Was worried about nothing.

The one thing that I am noticing is that it seems like something is either on all of the indexing sites or none of them. I think a lot of it comes from the same original sources.

If there is anyone using torrents and isn't knowledgeable about usenet, ask some questions.

Trust me, as someone who has used p2p, torrents, and usenet, usenet wins hands down for someone going without cable. For someone with cable who occasionally downloads to supplement it, torrents are fine.

Hey guys if anyone is still looking for nzb solutions, I've found a new indexing site.  It's actually a forum, but it's very active (looks like lots of transients from nzbmatrix and newzbin2).  All nzb's are appropriately categorized and pretty easy to find. Currently they don't support sickbeard, but it looks like it may in the future.  It's open registration now but looks like it will go invite only eventually.

check it out if you're interested

http://www.nzbgrabit.co.uk/forum.php

dammit.. it went invite only.. that was fast

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like IPTorrents will let me purchase 1 invite for $10, or 2 for $30, or 3 for $50.

If someone wants an invite and wants to cover the $10 I could help you out (I'm assuming I can only do 1 at a time, over time). IPTorrents has a ton of stuff and has new content first, the only catch is that you have to seed the amount you download or they'll drop the ban-hammer. They're pretty persistent when it comes to keeping a 1:1 ratio.

PM me if interested.

i use

speed.cd for shows

what.cd/waffles.fm for music/apps

passthepopcorn.me for movies

broadcasthe.net for shows

and i fucking loved demonoid. the tracker popped up again a couple weeks back so it should be back soon.

i also used to have a oink account.

I miss oink so bad. I need a what.cd invite one of these days.

heard that on the news the other day. when they say peer to peer, they mean torrents right? so things like mediafire still wont be noticed?

also, if they REALLY wanna start warning me and slowing down my internet, ill just DL shit at work haha. its a bar, and public places wont be monitored. 

I'm assuming it has to be focused on torrents.

I didn't read closely at first. Thought the service provider was doing the policing. It is the film companies reporting people to the service provider.

Probably just nothing. And 6 warnings? lol. That's like an invitation to pirate until you get 5.

does no one know how to download .zip or .rar files here? lol

i cant stand torrents 

NZBs are by far my preferred system. Everything is automated and the quality is great. Everything that was on cable the night before that I subscribe to is downloaded to my hard drive already when I wake up.

NZBs are by far my preferred system. Everything is automated and the quality is great. Everything that was on cable the night before that I subscribe to is downloaded to my hard drive already when I wake up.

im talking about music

ive never downloaded a movie or tv show in my life

im fine with streaming for free online 

i've never understood people's complete aversion to downloading movies and tv. especially since our entire generation has been downloading music for, what, 14 years now? 

do people think they're more likely to get caught because of bigger file sizes or something? 

comcast has already hit our account a few times for downloading shit. but i took someone's advice, probably in this thread, and turned off sharing. haven't heard a thing since.

i also don't understand people who say that using sites like mediafire and filestube are easier than torrents.

for those sites, you need to search, actually find what you want, choose a host, enter a captcha, and then MAYBE your download will work.

i prefer to type in what i want on piratebay, click one button, and transmission prompts me once before a download begins.