Urban Outfitters Exclusive tightly packed, bent corner vinyl

Bash UO all you want, it shouldn't be the first place you go to buy records

I've had the best experience with UO, probably because it's a smller boutique wanna be version. Found My Bloody Valentine Plain Records 03 for 9.99$ & Lou Reed for 9.99$ and they do have cool variants time to time, I've got that Twin Shadow OJ translucent and they also had the Sky Ferreira green variant which a bunch of us group bought when they had the spend 150 get 50$ off which ultimately saved us like 7$-10$ bucks off the record shipped, just had to go out and fish for it. They even took in damaged vinyl for an exchange.

God, I hate you.

I hate the way they treat the vinyl there.  I've noticed this as well

Also half of it is opened but it's unplayed so they still charge you full price.  seriously is that even an ok thing to do?  it isn't sealed so it should be like $10 instead of $23 because how do I know it really hasn't been played and nobody took something out?  also all of those poor records sitting on crosleys scratched to death make me sad :( I want to ask if I can have them for art but they probably need them to show what buying a crosley does to your records.

also why is Haim $30??? does it come with something other than records?? a 2lp that isn't super fancy should be like $25 not 30 unless it's like 200 gram or some shit.  

I just hate how vinyl prices have gone up in the past 5 years.  I bought an album in 2009 for $12 and that same album is now $22 at the exact same store.

I just hate how they handle it.  there isn't enough shelf space so they cram everything else underneath it which makes it impossible to look through and it's impossible to find anything there and nobody seems to know anything about music that isn't played to death.  aka ok here's our millions copies of haim and iconapop (totally not hating on either) but I don't know who built to spill is kinda thing. /rant

I only buy from them when I wait to long to return something and have store credit or they have a pretty dress on sale, somehting unicorn related, LPs on sale or UO exclusive ones by bands I like.  Also they play of Montreal there sometimes which makes me happy.  half of their t shirts are straight rip offs of threadless designs and same goes for hot topic (just talking about t shirts here).  like can we not steal artists work please??

Last time I was in an Urban Outfitters, they had a copy of MBV for $40 cover ripped. I tried to ask if they would bring the price down since it was opened and damaged but the dude at the front was like NAH BRO I CAN GIVE YOU 5% OFF NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES.

Fuck those fucks

I hate the way they treat the vinyl there.  I've noticed this as well

Also half of it is opened but it's unplayed so they still charge you full price.  seriously is that even an ok thing to do?  it isn't sealed so it should be like $10 instead of $23 because how do I know it really hasn't been played and nobody took something out?  also all of those poor records sitting on crosleys scratched to death make me sad :( I want to ask if I can have them for art but they probably need them to show what buying a crosley does to your records.

also why is Haim $30??? does it come with something other than records?? a 2lp that isn't super fancy should be like $25 not 30 unless it's like 200 gram or some shit.  

I just hate how vinyl prices have gone up in the past 5 years.  I bought an album in 2009 for $12 and that same album is now $22 at the exact same store.

I just hate how they handle it.  there isn't enough shelf space so they cram everything else underneath it which makes it impossible to look through and it's impossible to find anything there and nobody seems to know anything about music that isn't played to death.  aka ok here's our millions copies of haim and iconapop (totally not hating on either) but I don't know who built to spill is kinda thing. /rant

Regarding records being "sealed" that doesn't necessarily mean it can't be sold as new. A respectable local record store opens some records but still sells it at new, because they might've played it in the store like once on a $5,000 table haha. Reckless Records also sells records that aren't sealed too. I'd prefer a record to be sealed, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's not in new condition. I've noticed this a lot among record stores, although a record being sealed is more profitable for people trying to sell it for more than retail I suppose. A lot of RFC and Topshelf releases don't come sealed if they weren't intended for retail.

Last time I was in an Urban Outfitters, they had a copy of MBV for $40 cover ripped. I tried to ask if they would bring the price down since it was opened and damaged but the dude at the front was like NAH BRO I CAN GIVE YOU 5% OFF NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES.

Fuck those fucks

$2 off lol