Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

Day Wave

https://soundcloud.com/day-wave

Oakland-based Day Wave AKA Jackson Phillips releases his second EP 'Hard To Read'. It was performed, produced, mixed and mastered by Day Wave directly to tape. The result is a gorgeous 5-track EP bursting with California sunshine. Packed with ethereal, lo-fi vocals, captivating hooks, and celestial guitars awash with subtle synths, Day Wave builds an entrancing sonic milieu that makes him one of the most exciting up-and-comers today.  With just a handful of singles released, Day Wave quickly became one of the most talked about artists of 2015. Now, with the forthcoming release of his new EP, Day Wave is poised for an even bigger 2016. For fans of The Field Mice and New Order.

Headcase/Hard To Read (white vinyl) Opaque White Vinyl limited to 350 copies: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21691344/day-wave-headcase-hard-to-read-white-vinyl-opaque-white-vinyl-limited-to-350-copies

(Dug what I've heard so far mostly on Spotify as seems to have all their/his stuff...but found myself wandering in my mind not necessarily out of boredom but just space out with the music.)

anyone heard of these guys? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fek_L-LTdZ0 (don't know how to embed YT videos, sorry)

band is called Silver Ray, I stumbled upon them on some blog probably 5+ years ago and keep revisiting this record. they seem to be really unpopular, there is hardly anything up on YouTube by them (uploaded the linked vid myself).

It's not shoegaze or dreampop by definition, but I do find the atmosphere and especially the guitars to be quite shoegazy actually. Would be cool to hear your opinions on this! There will probably never be a vinyl release unfortunately but I was able to buy the CD version used for like less than $1 so that's cool too I guess.

Dang :'(  RIP Iris.

from their FB page.

Ah, what a bummer.  I had that EP on my table quite a bit.

Just checked them out, sound pretty good. Bummer. I will probably grab that EP though.

Loveliescrushing kickstarter vinyl update!!!!

Pressing is done and being shipped to the band. They will package and ship out asap. Probably looking at 2-3 weeks or so.

Pumped.

That entire Kickstarter was managed pretty damn well. There were constant updates and communication throughout the entire thing. 

That Wray album is fantastic...20ppd from the label who sent it 2 day priority...Cant beat that

The boys appreciate your support as much as the label, believe me. You should at least stream another band on their label called GT, they're quite a bit more aggressive, but they like to groove and linger around and have vocals low in the mix as well...especially if you dig Wray's first LP as well

A week or two before this second album came out they played a concert with the Alabama Symphony behind them....despite being friends with them and currently working with 1 of them I couldn't make the show because of funds.....but everybody that went said that show was phenomenal

Yay, the records have arrived and they look amazing! The Lp's are at the secret llc hideout, waiting to be packaged and sent out. After numerous setbacks and recutting of masters to get the right thickness, correct art, color, etc, we finally have the finished product, and it looks beautiful.

I will be in touch with every single person to let you know your order has been sent, so don't fret, we are on this. I would like to thank everyone for believing in our music and for making this 25 year old dream happen. Thank you.

H5di5pS.jpg

Q9Llbhg.jpg

Yay, the records have arrived and they look amazing! The Lp's are at the secret llc hideout, waiting to be packaged and sent out. After numerous setbacks and recutting of masters to get the right thickness, correct art, color, etc, we finally have the finished product, and it looks beautiful.

I will be in touch with every single person to let you know your order has been sent, so don't fret, we are on this. I would like to thank everyone for believing in our music and for making this 25 year old dream happen. Thank you.

H5di5pS.jpg

Q9Llbhg.jpg

That's a nice looking blue, so excited!

That entire Kickstarter was managed pretty damn well. There were constant updates and communication throughout the entire thing. 

^ this times 10. If they were all done this way, the delays and inevitable mishaps of fallible creatures wouldn't occupy so much space on the boards.

Scott Cortez seems to really care. I Pm'ed him a while back re: any plans for Astrobrite on vinyl, and he said it is his desire to make that happen.

Can't wait to spin that loveliescrushing. 

Is that loveliescrushing available outside of the Kickstarter they did? I know I had previously said I wasn't too sold on their sound when checked them out initially, but damn, that record is very nice looking.

I don't think so, but the total backer number was 189 (could have been less with people who didn't go for the vinyl) and I'm sure they pressed more than that, so might have to wait and see if they put any extras up in store or something after we all get ours.

just saw Mike Kinsella make a post proclaiming WRAY as his new favorite band....at least give their new album Hypatia a spin on spotify....I know the Kinsella boys music falls more into "emo" than shoegaze....but I still feel it's a heavy endorsement

I have both their albums. I prefer the self titled but man, these are 2 stellar records. Must buy for fans of Cheatahs and War on Drugs.