Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread

7 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Anyone else get a cloud colored vinyl and it wasn’t numbered?  I know it was the first 200 only but I have a hard time believing I wasn’t in the first 200 orders.  

the new Drop Nineteens? Mine is cloud colored (transparent with smokey black?) and I didn't even realize these were supposed to be numbered. Mine doesn't seem to have one either.

2 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

the new Drop Nineteens? Mine is cloud colored (transparent with smokey black?) and I didn't even realize these were supposed to be numbered. Mine doesn't seem to have one either.

All aren’t supposed to be.  But they said the first 200 of the cloud colored like ours were numbered.  It is what it is but like I said I find it hard to believe I wasn’t in the first 200 orders, as I ordered pretty much as it went up.  

Edited by OldKentuckyShark

@abovetheearth gifted me the lone 3 digital tracks years ago from Ozean. The world is not yet full enough of this type of ethereal dreamy pop for me, but somehow I missed Moon Sounds Records vinyl treatment in 2017. It appears that the 12"  (/150 Black  /150 Blue) are going for moon money on discogs,  with a 55 have to 555 want ratio for this unknown, teenage ephemeral band.

Numero records has picked up their 'catalog' and says a 12" will be forthcoming in 2024. I will try to not to miss out this time.

Ozean digital tracks on bandcamp

Numero records digital release of 2 tracks + likely place for PO next year

On 11/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, drds89 said:

@abovetheearth gifted me the lone 3 digital tracks years ago from Ozean. The world is not yet full enough of this type of ethereal dreamy pop for me, but somehow I missed Moon Sounds Records vinyl treatment in 2017. It appears that the 12"  (/150 Black  /150 Blue) are going for moon money on discogs,  with a 55 have to 555 want ratio for this unknown, teenage ephemeral band.

Numero records has picked up their 'catalog' and says a 12" will be forthcoming in 2024. I will try to not to miss out this time.

Ozean digital tracks on bandcamp

Numero records digital release of 2 tracks + likely place for PO next year

holy crap this is amazing!!!

you can hear the tape warble from the cassette source there in the middle song haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Majesty Crush - Butterflies Don't Go Away (2 LP Compilation)

https://numerogroup.com/products/butterflies-dont-go-away

Driven by lust-fueled limerence and drifting far from conformity, Butterflies Don’t Go Away captures Majesty Crush’s transient, yet subversive mark on the landscape of American shoegaze to come. Tracked between 1991-1995, the quartet reimagined the collapse of the American rust belt as a late-night, nail biting fever dream/revenge fantasy. This deluxe 2xLP compiles their Love 15 album, singles, EPs, and rarities, all remastered from the original tapes, with thorough annotation and visual documentation in a 24-page booklet. An immortal transcendence if there ever was one.

Not quite sure where to put this, it crosses over a few places. I guess it a drum and bass record? But the features are shoegaze artist? You decide. It's my fav release from last year and it got a limited vinyl release, Turquoisedeth Se Bueno.

UK/EU https://plantasiarecords.bandcamp.com/album/se-bueno

US https://longinusrecordings.com/products/se-bueno-2xlp

45 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

bought the fuck out of that!  I can't believe the other variants are still available unless they did 1,000 of them or something. 

I'm thankful it hasn't sold out yet. I love the music so much but want to try and combine shipping with something else they'll inevitably drop that I want. (Boilermaker / Universal Order Of Armageddon / the next Hated installment, etc) Here's to hoping it stays in stock for a few more days