Video game OSTs

the more i keep playing destiny, the more annoyed i am that they've not released it on vinyl yet, the music is seriously epic and i mean that word exactly. 

During a 32 Prison of Elders run last night I was just saying that a lot about the game is great the music isn't one of them. Yeah there are parts but mostly it doesn't do anything for me. To each their own... maybe I can't hear it over all the guns.

I just found out a Japanese artist actually sampled/remixed one of the songs from Pokemon, but it's a song from the anime not the video game. That, and the Donna Summer 12" are the only 2 records with any official association to the pokemon franchise I know of. I had no idea this thing existed, I actually found it by checking out the links on a whosampled.com page for a Funkadelic song

Pizzicato Five

So, my Far Cry 4 soundtrack arrived this morning. Missing the green vinyl. It was still shrink-wrapped, so I'm hoping this was just a one off mistake that will be easily fixed, and not a wide spread problem.

Wow, never heard of anything such as that happening before. Will be interesting to hear what the distributors have to say.

Count me in for wanting the Jet Set Radio series on vinyl. This deal that Data Discs has struck with SEGA sounds very promising in that regard.

To have the SEGA produced tracks (Naganuma) on vinyl would be cool enough, but can you imagine a COMPLETE soundtrack for each game with every song?? I dream of owning those Latch Brothers tracks from JSRF on wax.

I came in here and saw the mention of "Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio (Future)" and I got super excited thinking there was an official mention of it getting pressed. Regardless, I would definitely enjoy that on wax. Sweet, soul, brotha.

Also, after playing Halo 3: ODST this week, I'd really enjoy that OST to be pressed on vinyl, just like Combat Evolved, and 2. This soundtrack is the best in the series in my opinion, I really dig the whole nighttime, dark, jazz feel to it. The sax work is really good. Reminds me a lot of "Goodnight Julia" or the whole Jupiter Jazz episode style of Music from Cowboy Bebop. Speaking of which, not video game related, but the first Cowboy Bebop OST really needs a press. That soundtrack is insanely good. Maybe my all time favorite from an Anime. That or the Pillows from FLCL.

People that keep posting they have no idea how to get one....it's been posted in the thread several times...

Check out the sellers etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/UnfortunateFace?campaign_label=awaiting_feedback_reminder&utm_source=lifecycle&utm_campaign=awaiting_feedback_reminder_123169_8233971881_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1433245273&euid=i18WyDS5gbY23x_4oqanXXBIq8vm&eaid=1556357404&x_eaid=1ece486b1a

They aren't for sale there...but maybe try contacting him....

Or if you are in the Austin area, I think the local stores there have been getting them in stock.