OUT NOW: Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You (10/28/2014)

I'm over the different color thing. I ordered cola, got 'shit' as everyones calling it instead. I was just happy to finally own it because it's so damn good, BUT my side 2 is ridiculously bad as far as surface noise, hisses and pops goes.

I thought maybe it just needed a good cleaning, so that's what I did. I even played it on my other Turntable after cleaning it thinking maybe the needle was going bad on the first one. I've seen other people complaining about the same issue, just wondering if it runs the different variants or is it just the 'shit' color?

My Navy has some notable surface noise. Not as bad as some other records I have, but annoying nonetheless.

180g black sounds flawless. No surface noise, no crackles, no pops, nothing. I'm listening to my records with headphones 90% of the time, so I'm very conscious about every kind of flaw that might come up while listening to vinyl. This pressing is one of the most perfect in my collection.

I'm over the different color thing. I ordered cola, got 'shit' as everyones calling it instead. I was just happy to finally own it because it's so damn good, BUT my side 2 is ridiculously bad as far as surface noise, hisses and pops goes.

I thought maybe it just needed a good cleaning, so that's what I did. I even played it on my other Turntable after cleaning it thinking maybe the needle was going bad on the first one.  I've seen other people complaining about the same issue, just wondering if it runs the different variants or is it just the 'shit' color?

mine is transparent Cola and there's a lot of surface noise. sucks

This sounds like the same problem I had with the John K Samson record on white. Side B had TONS of surface noise on it. Unlistenable. People complained and the stock Epitaph response was, "Yeah, we told the band the white would sound like that but they wanted it white so that's just what it sounds like."

Maybe they should press with a company that makes decent-sounding colored records.

Who's cola at Epitaph has red, yellow and blue in it?!

Mine does you just have to hold them up to the light right

I think he was implying that the cola they drink at Epitaph must be colorful.  Or maybe Justin was making a joke too, and it went completely over my head.