PO: Clerks OST

I stopped in to Jay & Silent Bob's over the weekend to see if they'd be getting this in. They had no idea it was even being released. And let me say I spoke with someone I know who was in the movie, manages the store and is involved with most things over there. I mean, they sell everything to do with Smith's movies and put out most things autographed - why wouldn't they have been offered a variant or something in this? 

I stopped in to Jay & Silent Bob's over the weekend to see if they'd be getting this in. They had no idea it was even being released. And let me say I spoke with someone I know who was in the movie, manages the store and is involved with most things over there. I mean, they sell everything to do with Smith's movies and put out most things autographed - why wouldn't they have been offered a variant or something in this? 

Yeah, it's pretty low. That store is awesome it is super lame that the rights can be used in such a way that it fucks K Smith out of his own movie's soundtrack rights. But, that's how the business works I suppose.

EDIT: Though in this case, it's more of his personal mixtape because the tracks (sans the dialogue tracks) are other artists' thoughts

Edited by FowtyDollaz

Yeah, that is surprising. Kev merchandises pretty much everything. SRC should definitely get in touch with Walt. I doubt they will do a second pressing, but maybe the Stash can get an exclusive variant.

Yeah, it's pretty low. That store is awesome it is super lame that the rights can be used in such a way that it fucks K Smith out of his own movie's soundtrack rights. But, that's how the business works I suppose.

But don't people on this board side with the labels when it comes to bands being angry over this exact same issue?

But don't people on this board side with the labels when it comes to bands being angry over this exact same issue?

Yeah they do. If a label owns the rights, then that's the case. Hence the "but that's how the business works I suppose" remark. I personally don't like the idea of a corporation/ company/ label owning someone else's intellectual property, but again how it works (often).

Yeah they do. If a label owns the rights, then that's the case. Hence the "but that's how the business works I suppose" remark. I personally don't like the idea of a corporation/ company/ label owning someone else's intellectual property, but again how it works (often).

It's their own damn fault for being idiots and selling the rights in the first place though...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw a bunch of copies of this at Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday. $32.98. I grabbed one because I would have felt really dumb if this sold out and I would have had to pay more. It's the clear and smoke variant. Sounds pretty decent. The etching could have been better but it's all good. Really wish Kevin had had more input into this release but fairly typical SRC job. 

Saw a bunch of copies of this at Amoeba in Hollywood yesterday. $32.98. I grabbed one because I would have felt really dumb if this sold out and I would have had to pay more. It's the clear and smoke variant. Sounds pretty decent. The etching could have been better but it's all good. Really wish Kevin had had more input into this release but fairly typical SRC job. 

I like the etching on the white/black version.  It comes out much more clearly.

PpWAPbT.jpg

• 5 months later...