PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

That is specifically limited and numbered to /50, and advertised as such. That's the difference here, these were never specifically limited to /1000, there were just 1000 pressed in the first pressing.

We get it. You don't agree with what is happening, but you're trying to create false equivalencies with the examples you're using.

I disagree with you because only a small amount of records actually are specifically numbered on the record. But that doesn't mean they aren't limited to a specific number. We always take the word of the information given, this time it was false.

I disagree with you because only a small amount of records actually are specifically numbered on the record. But that doesn't mean they aren't limited to a specific number. We always take the word of the information given, this time it was false.

And at least you have to agree it's misleading. You can't say the word LIMiTED, give a number, and expect people to not assume that is the pressing info.

This one wasn't specifically limited to 1,000 total though, that's what I'm saying. No where was it advertised as such, just as being "limited." Just because the first pressing was /1,000 doesn't mean that doing a second pressing of 1,000 of the same thing makes it "not limited" it's just /some amount that isn't 1,000. Maybe they'll even do a 3rd pressing and it will still be limited, just  /3,000 instead. That's the risk you run when you buy something that is limited, but not specifically noted out of how many.

And at least you have to agree it's misleading. You can't say the word LIMiTED, give a number, and expect people to not assume that is the pressing info.

I don't "have to agree," because Travis is all about keeping this stuff in stock, and always talks about pressing more of whatever record. Those Blink records are the only ones I'd agree with you on because he specifically said they were out of whatever number, then said he was going to repress them.

The bottom line is what Travis is allowing is a good thing, keeping the record in print so more people can enjoy it.

You're implying that without Travis and Hot Topic pressing this again people can't enjoy it. That isn't the case. You can buy it in black any and every day of the week. People are buying the H/T variety because they want to collect that variety.

You're implying that without Travis and Hot Topic pressing this again people can't enjoy it. That isn't the case. You can buy it in black any and every day of the week. People are buying the H/T variety because they want to collect that variety.

If they want the specific colorway(for collecting or whatever) they don't have to resort to paying exorbitant flipper eBay prices. 

Ah, but see, it's no fun to keep it sealed and jerk off on a plain black copy.

Some recent HT pressings have been open ended actually, for this specific reasoning.

Then they need to remove the word Limited from the listing for this album. Because those two statements contradict themselves. I'm not arguing your point the James I'm just saying the 2 are different.

If they want the specific colorway(for collecting or whatever) they don't have to resort to paying exorbitant flipper eBay prices.

I'm all in favor of killing flipper pricing. And again, I have no issue with this variant being repressed. I'm just trying to understand from a business perspective why they would do it. Why not cash in on both the people still wanting a "cool color" That haven't bought it yet, and the collectors who would spend money on a new color just because it exists. Oh well, it's good news for people who really liked the blue/white hot topic colors and couldn't find one at cost.

Jesus. Bruh, give up. The majority of people on this site will disagree with you. If you don't like it, shut up or go somewhere else. Definitely don't sit here and argue with people about the word "Limited." Guess what... It's HOT TOPIC. Who cares what they do? That's like crying over Walmart. Yeah, it sucks for you. Most of us don't care, though. Good day, sir!

Then they need to remove the word Limited from the listing for this album. Because those two statements contradict themselves. I'm not arguing your point the James I'm just saying the 2 are different.

Still wouldn't be lying by any means though, if you want to really get really technical every single thing in the world is 'limited'. It's all in the advertising and they're not lying by any means whatsoever, in a couple of months this additional pressing will likely be gone and sold out but the black pressing will be kept alive as long as it sells still. HT's is finite in that you know how many exist thus its limited still.