PO: Jesus Fucking Christ - Homophobia Is Like Totally Gay (FFO SHITTY FUCKING MUSIC)

daegor

Venn Records (Wade/Gallow's label) was toting this one man show as "sounding like heavy electro beat driven Death Grips, Refused, Nine Inch Nails and quieting down to Bjork, M83 experimental etherealism."

Needless to say I was intrigued.  After listening to the EP, it was clear that the comparisons were accurate... bought it without a second thought.

You can listen to the whole EP here:  https://soundcloud.com/jesusfuckingchrist/sets/homophobiaisliketotallygay

Release Info:

Jesus-Fucking-Christ-EP-Venn-Records.jpg

Jesus-Fucking-Christ-Homopobia-Is-Totall

Thought it was a new record from the punk band Jesus Fucking Christ with Dave Ed from Neurosis when I saw the topic. Disappointment of the day when reading the post. 

I knew someone would notice that, I was super confused because I thought it was the same band, I thought it was a drastic style change, haha.

This kind of shocking/"offensive" humor/aesthetic is incredibly exhausting, and I'd have thought people were completely over it by now.

The music literally sounds like Brokencyde.

I didn't realize this was supposed to be shocking, offensive, or humorous, haha

This sounds like Test Icicles to me.

Shocking/Offensive? -"J-F-C" the band name

Humorous?-The dumb joke of the album title: "Homophobia....gay"

Yeah... I don't judge the content by the wrapper, there are a lot of good bands with stupid band or album names.

Also, I seriously didn't take the band or album name that way.  It just came off as sarcastic/cynical/jaded to me.