ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

My guess is rookie collectors who are amazed current bands are on vinyl and buy everything they see.

This. I'm assuming that is also how places like FYE sell vinyl, especially at such an inflated price. I can imagine people walking in, looking through records, saying "OH MY GOSH THEY STILL MAKE THESE?!" and then finding current albums and saying "Oh wow, I MUST have this! $50 seems totally reasonable."

My guess is rookie collectors who are amazed current bands are on vinyl and buy everything they see.

Looking at the profiles of the people on instagram who are commenting about buying these, this is exactly right.

Five years from now these kids will have given up on vinyl and will be selling these off for a couple bucks (if not outright giving them away)

That lightning bolt is 100% intentional so he could market them as Doug merch without having to pay Nickelodeon. He further insured this by putting the lightning bolt on the exclusive /100 color.

In fact, the other shirt is a knock off too. The Beets tour was '96 in the show and here's what that shirt was ripped from:

bustedtees.71fe7601-71e8-42ca-b768-97f57

As you can see, most of the places are the same and even the "joke" isn't botched.

And as usual, disappointed.

Those "Beets" tracks are "tribute songs". Just call it a fucking cover, cause it's a fucking cover. I was already annoyed it's $9 for a 7" but those Beets songs are so awesome that I said fuck it. Then I see the word "tribute". Fuck. What a kick to my childhood's dick.

I was particularly stoked for this because I grew up where the town Doug lives in is based on. So this was a cool little childhood nostalgia thing for me. Now it's ruined but bootlegs and shitty "tribute" songs.

Ugh. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but no.

Those "Beets" tracks are "tribute songs". Just call it a fucking cover, cause it's a fucking cover. I was already annoyed it's $9 for a 7" but those Beets songs are so awesome that I said fuck it. Then I see the word "tribute". Fuck. What a kick to my childhood's dick.

I was particularly stoked for this because I grew up where the town Doug lives in is based on. So this was a cool little childhood nostalgia thing for me. Now it's ruined but bootlegs and shitty "tribute" songs.

i had no idea it was based on an actual town!

Just wait until you actually hear them

https://instagram.com/p/vb8vnzTfJf/?modal=true

https://instagram.com/p/vb8atDTfHL/?modal=true

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dougthebeets

I can't do that to myself. I fucking can't.

Did he gather up some of his friends and put it together? Please tell me he didn't play on it.

Ordering a Doug 7" and being disappointed with the content, regardless of what it is, doesn't quite compute for me. 

I got no problem with nostalgia driven impulse buys, I've made a few myself, but let's not pretend what is on the 7" matters that much. They might as well be blank, no one is going to listen to them. 

yeah, it's all talk. I'm at work and I have to draw the line somewhere. Trolling some half-ass "record label" across social media sites isn't in my job description.

Constantly posting on a vinyl forum definitely is, though, for the record. (Hello IT!)

vinyl forum always comes before work. always