PO: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (3/31/15)

I pre-ordered the clear at my local store yesterday and they are having a listening party on March 6 for anyone that does that. They are guaranteeing the clear to the first 25 that order. Somebody from Asthmatic Kitty is apparently coming with a test pressing to play. Normally a listening party thing does not interest me but I am down for it with Sufjan.

This might be happening at other stores?

Criminal Records in Atlanta? If so, see you there, if not, they did the same thing. They're calling it a "silent listening party" because everyone who preordered a copy will be listening to it on headphones in the store while other customers are still allowed to be in the store walking around. Was pumped to be able to get a clear this late in the game. And at 13.99 I'm one happy customer.

Is the clear randomly inserted, like if I walked in to my local store after its released is there a chance it'd be clear?

The Enjoy Your Rabbit colored vinyl had a sticker saying that they were colored, so it might be the same case here. I think there's a good chance all copies at local stores will be clear for their first shipments.

If purchasing this at a record store in the flesh, is there a sticker saying it's the clear record? I saw at my local spot today but did not see a sticker saying its a clear record so didn't want to purchase yet.

How are they selling it already if the album comes out on Tuesday?

Edited by stillalivetui

So many record stores completely ignore release dates.

Can't say I blame them. Nowadays when records get dumped on iTunes a month before the physical release, and everything either leaks or gets streamed way before release date, it only creates missed sales for stores to be unable to sell records they have on hand. No one's lining up on Monday night waiting to hear an album for the first time anymore.