Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Wasn't really looking for a price. Didn't see that. Seems a steep.

I'm going on a whim, 7"s have a ridiculous markup on RSD and I would be shocked if you found this for under $11 at the very least.

You could always just wait, they'll probably do a non-exclusive variant afterwards on their site for a reasonable price. Learn from my mistakes.

I'm going on a whim, 7"s have a ridiculous markup on RSD and I would be shocked if you found this for under $11 at the very least.

You could always just wait, they'll probably do a non-exclusive variant afterwards on their site for a reasonable price. Learn from my mistakes.

Yeah good call. But if it really is $7, then I doubt I'll pass that up. If not, will just wait for the standard retail.

I don't even wanna see the track list for that. With the popularity of craft beer right now, I'd be shocked if this comp has anything good.

So usually I go to Amoeba and get everything I want because they get allotted tons of almost every release, but this year I'll be out of town for RSD. There's a participating store 15 min from where I'm staying but it's about 1/10 the size of Amoeba.

Question for you guys that attend RSD at smaller stores: do you call before the day to make sure they are getting all the stuff you want? How far in advance? And also how does the ordering work? Do stores just get an allotment and that's it? Or do they have to pick and choose which releases they think will sell at their location and make an order?

Metallica's "No Life 'Til Leather" cassette will be re-produced....pretty cool!

More details:

In celebration of Record Store Day, on April 18th, Metallica will release No Life 'til Leather as a limited edition cassette. The seven tracks were recorded in 1982 in Tustin, CA by the band's original lineup of James Hetfield: lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Lars Ulrich: drums, Dave Mustaine: lead guitar, and Ron McGovney: bass. Straight from the archives, the original source material has been re-mastered to maximize the sound potential for 2015 without altering the original mixes. No Life 'til Leather will be available for purchase at your favorite local record store and on Metallica.Com. The collection has never been available commercially until now. See below for the complete tracklisting.

A note from Metallica:

This year we decided to celebrate Record Store Day with our friends at independent retail by taking a huge leap back in time to our humble beginnings with that little rectangle of plastic known as the "demo tape."  In 1982 we recorded seven songs that became our initial calling card known as No Life 'til Leather and it led us to our first record deal . . . the rest, as you some of you may know, is history!  We hope you enjoy this little walk down memory lane with us and that you will continue to join us in supporting independent record stores around the world. 

Look for expanded versions coming on CD, vinyl and a collector's set sometime this summer.

Tracklisting

Hit The Lights 

The Mechanix 

Motorbreath 

Seek & Destroy 

Metal Militia 

Jump In The Fire

Phantom Lord 

Record July 6, 1982 at Chateau East Studio, Tustin, CA

More info on White Stripes:

Third Man Records is so pleased to announce that the day we have all been waiting for has finally arrived.

In honor of the ten year anniversary of The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan, Record Store Day 2015 will mark the release of the first ever commercially available version of the pivotal record on vinyl. This 180-gram double LP features disc one pressed on red vinyl with disc two pressed on white vinyl and includes a full-size, 12” x 12”, gatefold lenticular jacket (above). Newly-created inner artwork reprising themes of the original promo-only version of the Satan LP will be exclusive to this release, and an MP3 download code will be included. 

Watch the teaser video introducing this long-time-coming release here:

This limited and exclusive pressing of Get Behind Me Satan will be available at participating record stores as well as Third Man Records only on Record Store Day, April 18th, 2015, with a non-exclusive, standard-artwork, black vinyl release to come later this year.

A running order exclusive to the vinyl format will be as follows: 

Side A:
Blue Orchid
The Nurse
My Doorbell

Side B:
Forever For Her (is Over For Me)
As Ugly As I Seem
The Denial Twist
White Moon

Side C:
Instinct Blues
Passive Manipulation
Take, Take, Take

Side D:
Little Ghost
Red Rain
I’m Lonely (But I Ain’t That Lonely Yet)

For more information, check out thirdmanrecords.com.

So usually I go to Amoeba and get everything I want because they get allotted tons of almost every release, but this year I'll be out of town for RSD. There's a participating store 15 min from where I'm staying but it's about 1/10 the size of Amoeba.

Question for you guys that attend RSD at smaller stores: do you call before the day to make sure they are getting all the stuff you want? How far in advance? And also how does the ordering work? Do stores just get an allotment and that's it? Or do they have to pick and choose which releases they think will sell at their location and make an order?

All of my local stores usually post what they are getting on their Facebook a couple days before. Stores do request what releases they want to sell, so call your store and tell them that you want them to have something.