Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Sloth Records usually has crazy lineups on RSD, but they usually get lots of stuff. Melodiya gets quite a bit too and it's just about 5 minutes or so farther up 17th from Sloth Records.

Oh good to know, thanks!  I'm really only looking for a few items so far (and nothing too obscure), so whichever has the shortest line is probably my best bet.  Staying right on 17th for the Comic Expo that weekend - I have a feeling I will be spending a lot that day, haha!

From the inbox:

Violent Femmes have announced details of their eagerly awaited new EP, HAPPY NEW YEAR. The four-track EP will be released April 18th, exclusively on 180 gram champagne clear vinyl for Record Store Day.

Violent Femmes' first new collection of songs in 15 years, HAPPY NEW YEAR was recorded this past New Year's Eve in Hobart, Tasmania, after the legendary band performed a sold out concert at the world famous Sydney Opera House. The EP is highlighted by the Jake Brebes-penned single, "Love Love Love Love Love" streaming now exclusively via rollingstone.com.

"Happy to have some new recordings for people that have loved our music," singer/guitarist/songwriter Gordon Gano told Rolling Stone. "Would be honored to have a few new ears hear us for the first time too."

From the inbox:

Violent Femmes have announced details of their eagerly awaited new EP, HAPPY NEW YEAR. The four-track EP will be released April 18th, exclusively on 180 gram champagne clear vinyl for Record Store Day.

I was hoping that when and if the Femmes finally recorded new material that they would do so with the original lineup. The band really started losing their appeal to me when DeLorenzo left and Guy Hoffman took over. This EP was recorded with their new drummer Brian Viglione of Dresden Dolls. It may be interesting to hear what he has to offer the band and I will be picking this one up, but my expectations are not high. The new track certainly doesn't compare to their first few albums.

Haha..good luck in Colorado with that phish set

thus pot smoking city will be all over that

twist and shout will get most copies and you should line up on friday. Twist and shout has become a cluster of a store of late. They were great and now capitalizing on the resurgence. Used prices are through the roof. But I guess someone has to cover the cost of the goofy shirts and action figure crap they have now

wax trax is the best store in denver but they don't care about phish

I'm going to be in Colorado for this RSD. Thought I would for sure skip it since I'm on vacation but I need me that Phish 6LP set.. What are the recommended stores to hit up in Denver? How long before opening should I line up to get a decent spot?

This will be my first RSD in Denver, so probably not the best for advice, but I'll be trying Wax Trax.

If anyone in the Bloomington, Indiana area is going to Tracks and Landlocked, a buddy and I usually get pretty toasted and take advantage of the free donuts at Tracks since they open at 8, then the free beer at Landlocked at 11:30. Anyone else is welcome join us.

I wish I was in Bloomington.  Upland Brewing has some sours I'd be interested in picking up.