Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Picked up the following today:

Paul McCartney- Sweet Thrash/Hope For The Future white label (/100?)

Ryan Adams- Come Pick Me Up (Alternate Take) 7"

Non-exclusives:

Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp A Butterfly (clear boot)

Waxahatchee- Ivy Tripp (Orange/white marble)

Happy with all that, wish I could've gotten Deja, but I just couldn't justify waiting in line for 8 hours with no guarantee of getting it.

Got in line 3 hours before open at Amoeba. Paid 12 bucks for parking. Was about 500th in line, waited 5 hours to get in. For some reason last year I remember just waiting it out anyway and getting a lot that I wanted but this year I didn't get shit. Pretty bummed man.

1/10 will probably not RSD ever again.

C'mon son. Amoeba? What did you expect?

I drove from Vegas through the night to a store in So-Cal that wasn't letting people line up until 6AM, which had a line around the building before 6.

If anyone has a spare Deja, or Front Bottoms, let me know. 

Thanks

Rhino or Mad Platter?

I got what I mostly wanted. Wanted more, but stuff was just too expensive for me to do a big lot.

Was able to grab the Leatherface box, Camera Shy 7" and Gameface LP which was all on my want list.

Still need to grab Polaris and Dag Nasty. I stopped at 4 stores total (3 of them the same company, different locations close together), but didn't find any. Hopefully I can snatch them up online! Not bad for going after 1pm either!

Did anyone see price gouging out there today? I have a friend in NYC who paid $30 for Father John Misty and $15 for Ryan Adams. I also saw in this thread that someone saw Foo Fighters at their local for $37. Crazy that some Indie shops are basically flipping these.

The only crazy thing I saw was the NWA tape for $22. I paid 14.99 for Foo

Anyone hear about the dude who camped out at Park Ave for 24 hours to get Deja and they decided not to tell him that they were going to raffle off the only copy they got? What a bunch of dicks

Holy shit. That's lame. The girls in front of me were telling me they knew someone who waited that long there for that. I went to Rabbit Foot instead. Way less people.

I lucked out and this old man that was first in line grabbed the White Stripes then changed his mind while in line in front of me, so he offered it to a guy who turned it down and I was able to swoop it. $40 seemed like a bit much but I really wanted that pressing because I have the red/white Elephat from a couple years back and I wanted them to match. Which is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever said but I'm still pretty psyched. Also picked up that Replacements 10". Missed the Deja but I kinda feel whatever about it, I only wanted it because of being caught up in the hype around here.

Yeah the pricing was shitty all over the place today, $19 for a 2 track Florence and the Machine single. $40 each for U2 and The White Stripes. $10 for every single 7" at my store too.

For the price of the White Stripes and any rsd 12" you could buy the entire Shins discography on vinyl

Rhino or Mad Platter?

I got what I mostly wanted. Wanted more, but stuff was just too expensive for me to do a big lot.

I went to mad platter to grab ETID but there were two when I asked someone where they got it they said there was one left but by the time I went to the shelf it was sold out. Pretty bummed. But the lady said the person that got the only copy of deja was there since 430pm yesterday. Pretty insane. I got in line at 7am.

Not sure what the deal was but the second place I went to today was the largest store in town and it looked like a complete bust.

They opened at 7 and when I showed up at 9am, there really weren't very many people there and they had a shitload of inventory.  There had to be at least 20 of those Foo Fighters records left.