Meet the 16-year-old whose record label is putting out Macaulay Culkin’s new 7-inch

Good for the kid.

I'd rather a pressing of new (albeit silly) music holding up the plants than any reissue with the words "remastered" or "limited edition" or "RSD" appearing on the sticker.

You're telling me that you haven't been itching for a copy of The Darjeeling Limited soundtrack on 180g green vinyl?

Ambitious for his age? Yes. First 16 year old to release records and run a label? Nope.

Side note, is he in it for the money or cause he really loves that pizza music?

In regards to your side note: Why can't it be both? You can't say that a label owner isn't in it at all for the money. Even if it's not much, you still have to make money and why not do it with something you enjoy/believe in supporting?

Ambitious for his age? Yes. First 16 year old to release records and run a label? Nope.

Doubt he's in it for the money. I can't imagine he's going to profit much off of a Pizza Underground record, but you have to start somewhere, right? What he's doing is still really cool. Shit, it's more than I was doing when I was 16. Good for him.

Doubt he's in it for the money. I can't imagine he's going to profit much off of a Pizza Underground record, but you have to start somewhere, right? What he's doing is still really cool. Shit, it's more than I was doing when I was 16. Good for him.

In regards to your side note: Why can't it be both? You can't say that a label owner isn't in it at all for the money. Even if it's not much, you still have to make money and why not do it with something you enjoy/believe in supporting?

Haha it was a joke cause we wouldn't be reading this article if Macaulay Culkin wasn't involved.

And yes there is profit to be made.

You're telling me that you haven't been itching for a copy of The Darjeeling Limited soundtrack on 180g green vinyl?

Not especially but I'm more opposed to reissues of albums that use the same digital master used for the CD version, with the only difference between the original CD and a new vinyl pressing is the size of the packaging and the disc the music is played on.

Though I applaud the business decisions of those people who have marketed vinyl as something collectible as opposed to something of value in itself, they have made a nice chunk of change for themselves.

Despite his motivation, he'll probably make some dough because of idiots like me that buy all 3 variants. Hopefully he makes enough to put out the next PU release.