PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

It's one per store---if they get any at all---so I don't know why they told you they were able to order two.

Also pretty shady for stores to already be putting them on hold? Yes I got one so I have no right to complain, but that makes it about a zero chance of other people just finding one if stores are already doing that. 

Also pretty shady for stores to already be putting them on hold? Yes I got one so I have no right to complain, but that makes it about a zero chance of other people just finding one if stores are already doing that.

Mine will be played and loved! But I'm sure (too) many will only be played and loved after such a flip...

Wait... Did you get one?

Wait... Did you get one?

I got a confirmation email from 4ad. That's as much as I can say! I pre-ordered immediately when I saw their tweet about it, which was when they tweeted it. I did not hesitate for one second. They sent out a teaser tweet a little before that of just a box with RHP logo so I was looking for something and was ready... 

I got a confirmation email from 4ad. That's as much as I can say! I pre-ordered immediately when I saw their tweet about it, which was when they tweeted it. I did not hesitate for one second. They sent out a teaser tweet a little before that of just a box with RHP logo so I was looking for something and was ready...

I was being facetious. We get it.

Just a few days ago, someone in the thread for the new MK album asked if we'd ever see a reissue of these records, and the consensus was basically "fat chance." Glad everyone was wrong!

That was me. And i managed to get a box set earlier while i was at work. Literally screamed in excitement.

Called my local store about this. They took my name down and asked me how many I wanted because they were sure they could get a few. I said only one, but I'll see what I can possibly do for you guys if I end up being able to grab more than one when the time comes.

Until then, I'm just as pissed as everyone else.

Also, solid new post for OP Endserenading being new VC'er with <10 posts.... god knows we haven't had the best luck here lately

Hey thanks man! I've definitely kept up with the forum for a while but I haven't had much to contribute. I'm happy for anyone who was able to snag one from this post. I truly hope they get pressed further so everyone can get one!

Was at my local record shop today.  I had called in the morning to inquire about the box set and had been told they would be getting a couple.  Anyways, while at the shop I told her about seeing that they were going to be released individually on the thread.  

She smiled, confirmed and said "their (presumeabley she meant 4AD's) reps had said not to say anything about it.   We then laughed about the lable's paranoia that a limited run box set's sales would be effected by such news.

The hobby...

I don't get it. Is this thing RSD-related? Sold out? US only? What.

The 4AD preorder sold out (100 copies). Around 400 will be available in the US on April 21st at local indie shops... The rest is allocated to non-US RSD.

Individual releases coming in summer allegedly.

Anyways, while at the shop I told her about seeing that they were going to be released individually on the thread.  

She smiled, confirmed and said "their (presumeabley she meant 4AD's) reps had said not to say anything about it.   We then laughed about the lable's paranoia that a limited run box set's sales would be effected by such news.

Thanks! With my store owner saying exactly the same thing, I think it's a sure bet these will be available individually down the line. So I wouldn't kill myself for the box unless you dig the "bronze" color. Honestly I'm not crazy about the pizza box packaging myself.