PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

Just got off the phone with my local shop. You want the good news or bad news?

Bad: He's known about this for a while, but couldn't say anything til today... 4AD told him stock was VERY limited and most stores will be lucky to get even ONE copy. So your chances of finding a box set "in the wild" on April 21st are pretty bad.

Good: Unconfirmed officially by 4AD, but unofficially... All 4 titles will be released individually in the summer. Which is actually GREAT news for those who don't want to kill themselves or sell a kidney to obtain a box.

He was actually amazed 4AD even did a preorder on their site, considering the numbers....

EDIT: And straight from 4AD: "Only 100 of the copies were available for mail order."

Funny thing is I had a dream about this the other day... almost exactly the same box and everything.

Shame I couldnt order this in the UK from what was a UK label :-(

I'll be super happy to have any new press of these so if anyone finds out about euro distro of this or where to get in the UK then give me a heads up please :-)

I love those 4AD albums...

This must leave hope for a less limited release for the US then. At least I hope. I just want at least ONE of the LPs.

It's all the same release. 1500 worldwide... Probably (if I'm guessing) a breakdown of 1000 to EU stores for RSD, 400 for U.S. shops, and the 100 already sold for PO.

Come summertime 4AD should release the individual albums, probably on standard black vinyl. I'd be surprised if they pressed another (non-limited) box set as well, but it could happen.

Obviously 4AD won't officially announce the individual releases now, as they need to enable flippers keep demand high.

It's all the same release. 1500 worldwide... Probably (if I'm guessing) a breakdown of 1000 to EU stores for RSD, 400 for U.S. shops, and the 100 already sold for PO.

Come summertime 4AD should release the individual albums, probably on standard black vinyl. I'd be surprised if they pressed another (non-limited) box set as well, but it could happen.

Obviously 4AD won't officially announce the individual releases now, as they need to enable flippers keep demand high.

ahem, there are those of us in Canada that would like some, my local shop called his distributor they confirmed it is a RSD Release for here in Canada, he put it on order.  

I get why they do this, but given the run size, its still dumb. Its not like these aren't going to sell out still if they at least say Individual LP pressings coming this summer. 

I cant believe I saw 4ad post about this on instagram as I took my morning shit. went to their site, ordered it. came here and posted. and then it sold out seconds later. probably the easiest preorder ive dealt with in a while and there were only 100 up for sale. sometimes you just get lucky.

I was able to snag a copy. There are benefits to sitting around doing nothing but staring at your twitter all morning. ;)

Sorry so many missed out tho. They really were STUPID to press so few. The demand is huge. It seems like all they are doing is making fans angry(and maybe a few flippers very happy...). I hope it's true these will be coming out afterwards. People want them. It shouldn't be that hard to make enough! 

I was able to snag a copy. There are benefits to sitting around doing nothing but staring at your twitter all morning. ;)

Sorry so many missed out tho. They really were STUPID to press so few. The demand is huge. It seems like all they are doing is making fans angry(and maybe a few flippers very happy...). I hope it's true these will be coming out afterwards. People want them. It shouldn't be that hard to make enough! 

Yeah...if I'm being real, I only tried to buy one to flip if for like $500 the minute it came into my possession...