Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

They aren't the same. The original first pressing is not 180 gram and was not shrink wrapped. They both sound fantastic, but they have different stuff in the deadwax.

Are you sure about the OG not being 180gram?

I bought the UK press of "OK Computer" back when it was a "new album" circa 1998.

It is a wonderful, very warm pressing done by EMI that was on nice thick wax. Little bit of crackle at the beginning of the sides, but for me it did not detract from the enjoyment of this album.

Not one of those "thin" pressings done by EMI during the 90s (Which usually sounded awesome as well, they were just easy to warp if you stored them incorrectly.)

My OG OK Computer pressing resembled the "EMI Centenary" pressings around at the time, more so than your standard EMI pressing.

Those thinner pressings of OK Computer might be a second run? (Or mine was...)

INCREDIBLE album, BTW :)

Ordered OK Computer from B&N.  Found a 20% off coupon code and ordered a cheap book for the kid to get free shipping.  Now I just cross my fingers to hope they are still shipping the Parolophone pressing.

Looks like most Radiohead albums on B&N are labeled Parlophone.  That would be awesome if true.  Let us know what you receive.  

Are you sure about the OG not being 180gram?

I bought the UK press of "OK Computer" back when it was a "new album" circa 1998.

It is a wonderful, very warm pressing done by EMI that was on nice thick wax. Little bit of crackle at the beginning of the sides, but for me it did not detract from the enjoyment of this album.

Not one of those "thin" pressings done by EMI during the 90s (Which usually sounded awesome as well, they were just easy to warp if you stored them incorrectly.)

My OG OK Computer pressing resembled the "EMI Centenary" pressings around at the time, more so than your standard EMI pressing.

Those thinner pressings of OK Computer might be a second run? (Or mine was...)

INCREDIBLE album, BTW :)

So according to discogs, the difference between the first and second pressing of OKC is the runoff info. Neither listing says anything about the vinyl weight. 

"2nd press": http://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-OK-Computer/release/216593

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side A): NODATA 0X2A-1-1- 8552291 IAI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side B): NODATA 0X2B-1-1- 8552291 IBI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side C): NODATA 0X2C-1-1- 8552291 ICI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side D): NODATA 02 D-1-1- 

First Press

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area A-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2A-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area B-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2B-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area C-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA AX2C-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area D-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2D-1-1-

So according to discogs, the difference between the first and second pressing of OKC is the runoff info. Neither listing says anything about the vinyl weight.

"2nd press": http://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-OK-Computer/release/216593

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side A): NODATA 0X2A-1-1- 8552291 IAI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side B): NODATA 0X2B-1-1- 8552291 IBI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side C): NODATA 0X2C-1-1- 8552291 ICI

Matrix / Runout (Runout stamp/etching side D): NODATA 02 D-1-1-

First Press

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area A-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2A-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area B-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2B-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area C-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA AX2C-1-1-

Matrix / Runout (Run-out area D-side [machine-stamped]): NODATA 0X2D-1-1-

I remember the etchings were "machine stamped," as most of my favorite sounding UK EMI pressings are.

However, I will have to find it and compare the numbers to know if it is a first pressing for sure.

I really need to organize/alphabetize my collection. It will take forever :lol:

not a Radiohead album,  but I noticed my copy of 'Parachutes', bought from CCMusic, is pressed by Parlophone and seems to be distributed in the US by Atlantic, since WMG acquired Parlophone in 2013. So Capitol has nothing to do with this press, even though it is a US press. Sounds fantastic as well! It does indeed seem the Capitol presses may be on their outs for these Coldplay albums, but only some artists were included in the assignment to Atlantic. All other artists are now apparently under Warner Bros. Records, including Radiohead's back catalog.

Found it---- from NME-

"The album had been bought 3m times, including downloads, CDs and the £40 'Discboxes' that were pre-orderable when the original download went live. 1.75m of those sales were CDs, and 100,000 Discboxes (a cool £4m in gross revenues from the latter alone)."

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/did-radioheads-in-rainbows-honesty-box-actually-damage-the-music-industry#dkMsGqKF5oTvXABH.99