DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

How? It doesn't come out until tomorrow.

I work there, so nobody minds.

IMG_0115_zpsmjmzcpnk.jpg?t=1459954926

I fell in love with the album cover at first sight and it's simply gorgeous to look at as a finished product. That and the just as enchanting insert make up for the white vinyl, on the aesthetic side of things, at least. I'm about to find out how it sounds.

Also, no DLC for the retail copies.

The white and pink doesn't look terrible. The border helps. Really eager to hear a verdict on the sound quality – bias and hype aside – whenever someone gets a chance.

retail looks better than the black with the artwork. hopefully the sound is there.

No problems with playback, whew. I mean, this is an opaque colored record, so there's some more fuzz and crackling as usual, but it's throroughly enjoyable, sound wise. There's a constant fuzz sound on the right channel during side c, but that just might be my needle crying for replacement. Overall, it is not excellent, but very good.

It's way too early for me to talk about the actual album, but, man, there's good stuff on here. The last track is pretty much an instant Deftones classic.

24 bit vinyl? Thats gonna be weird.

Not vinyl. Digital. This is the highest quality mastering straight from the studio that is used usually for pressing vinyl. More dynamic range. They're usually uncompressed files and the highest quality. Not compressed or mastered down for iTunes or anything else.

These haven't been released before except for KNY I think. I don't think earlier albums were pressed with 24bit masters either.